Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2003 10:17:07 AM EDT
A friend showed me how to carry my hangun by tucking it my pants waist with my undershirt rolled up over it sort of like a pocket.  It rides low in the waste band and is comfortable.  It works pretty good for around the store, around the house casual carry.  Haven't done any running with it this way but he said the beauty of it is if you need to toss the gun, no holster.  OPnly problem i have is my Colt Officers model is kinda rough with all of its edges!  
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
"... he said the beauty of it is if you need to toss the gun, no holster."

Don't know what kind of friends you have but none of mine would "toss" a gun for any reason. There's something missing here...
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
heh,heh...i really don't know exactly what he meant by that!  the thing that intrigued me about carrying that way was no holster and its pretty comfortable with a "slick" handgun, like a hammerless revolver, etc.  from what i can tell, its best though with a slab side auto where there's more to the grip and frame area for hanging on your waist band.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Unsafe and not recommended.  There's also a rule of thumb followed by most law enforcement:  Holster=citizen, No Holster=THUG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top