Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2003 5:36:54 PM EDT
I can't afford any new acquisitions yet but figured that doing homework's still free. I love my G21 but the grip's a little too thick and a long for me to conceal easily unless it's winter or fall. I haven't been able to *shoot* the G30 or G36 but have done the "gun store fashion show" to conceal both and prefer the 36.

Does anyone have any experiences - good or bad - to share about the gun itself (ammo sensitivity, QC problems, etc.) or their daily carry of it?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I so badly wanted to like mine, but I couldnt make it fit my baseball mit size hands.  Its as slim as the G17/G22 series.  I had seriously hoped the G37 would be a full size version.  I would have changed my mind about Glocks and bought two.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a 23 for daily carry, so I am familliar with the Glock. I rented a 30 last year while on business down south, and really liked it. It didn't seem too much thicker than my 23, and felt like it had a lot less recoil. I really like the .45, and want to try a 36 too. I'm currenlty milling a 1911 from a 40% frame, and as soon as thats done I'm going to rent a 36 and see if I really like it. I'm sure that it will end up being my daily carry weapon. Should be able to conceal it better than my 23.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the G30, which is a little thicker than the G23, which is a little thicker than the G36. They are all about the same length and hight.

My G36 has been very reliable from the start. The only problem I had with it was when I tried some of those +1 Mag extensions. Instant malfunctions. Took the mag extensions off and it went back to working.

I added a BarSto barrel as I shoot reloads in practice. That may have some bearing on the guns reliability.

If you can learn to live with the Glock trigger and are a fan of the 45 ACP cartridge, the G36 has a lot of appeal. Think of it as a light weight Officer's ACP with the original 6 round magazines and a spongy trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top