Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2008 3:12:24 PM EDT
I ordered the CCW paper work from Florida and it showed up in a couple days. I looked to see if there was different paperwork for non res than resident on line but didnt see any. Is it different.  If I remember right we only trained 1 non resident at the FL gunshop/range where I worked and I dont remember if the paperwork was different but that was almost 5 years ago. I just copied my DD-214  showing "Expert Pistol" and will get finger printed and notarized Firday at the SD.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it comes down to the stamps on the fingerprint card, other then that I think its the same.  Someone with a FL permit will speak up, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have an IN permit, doesn't FL honor it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you have an IN permit, doesn't FL honor it?

It does, however  a lot more state honor (and have reciprocity) Floridas permit in including Ohio and Pennsylvania. Utah's Non res  permit is similar.

VT,NH,DE,PA,OH,VA,NC,GA,AL,MS,TN,KY,IN,MO,AR,LA,OK,TX,NM,AZ,UT,CO,WY,ID,MT,ND,SD,AK
I have some really nice Maps showing the CCW states from packing.org but they are arent Jpegs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Just pay attention to details.  My LEO that fingerprinted me missed the box of his organization on the card.  I got the card back in mail, and filled the rest in myself.  It took another three weeks to get my permit back for a grand total of 7 weeks that included the Christmas holiday.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#6]
From memory its the same whether you are a resident or a non-resident.

I took the class in Louisiana and had a Louisiana Sheriff take my fingerprints so I could send the card in.  I'm from Pennsylvania but that didn't bother ole' Charles Bronson and team in Florida.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=10&t=48910

ETA- The paperwork is the same as a resident.

Thanks for the link,  too bad I missed that thread. It will be nice to be able to carry in Ohio and Pennsylvania. What sucks is that I have a wedding to attend in WNY this summer and despite having livied there for 20 years I am denied to the right to carry
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top