Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2007 10:00:08 AM EDT
I need a new 'everyday' belt.  

My Aker B21 has served me well for more years than it should have...still works, but looks like shit.  

Show me what you got...pics, links, testmonials, the works.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been wearing a Liger belt by Maxpedition. I've had mine for a good while and it seems indestructable.

Liger belts

Review

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
click me bitch

I've been wearing this for 4.5 years. The same one looks brand new.  I got it when I got that sidearmor holster I gave you.  

most comfortable belt...EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
click me bitch

I've been wearing this for 4.5 years. The same one looks brand new.  I got it when I got that sidearmor holster I gave you.  

No nylon.  Freaks wear nylon.  You are a freak.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've been wearing a Liger belt by Maxpedition. I've had mine for a good while and it seems indestructable.

Liger belts

Review

www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/catalog/ligergunbeltntoa.jpg

I don't like synthetics.  Don't know about that latch system either.  It looks like in a tussle it might could pop loose.  

I'm gonna stick with 'leather' and 'buckle' for a thousand, Alex.

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Some may say I’m a bit biased, and I probably am, but for the best belt available you need look no further than Alessi. The belts from Lou Alessi fit not only the role of an “everyday” belt but they are also a do everything belt, being strong and sturdy enough to support the heaviest load-out yet understated and classy enough to wear with your best suit.

I have belts from more than a few makers and while all are well made and fictional none have proven as durable and resilient, all while still looking good, as those from Alessi. I have yet to find a finer belt at any price.

OK...where can I look at them?  Tried a google and came back with kitchen products, a bunch of gun board mentions....but no where to look~see~buy????

Link Posted: 11/18/2007 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
click me bitch

No nylon.  Freaks wear nylon.  You are a freak.  
                          Freaks wear leather, Ive seen it on teh interweb
Link Posted: 11/18/2007 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]
My favorite non-nylon belt is my Tucker Gunleather gun belt which is a 1 1/2" wide double-layer belt.  It should last forever and you can see examples of his work here.

I don't have one of these, but his double-layered belts look good too.

ETA pics:

Here's a few pics of my Tucker Gunleather gun belt (note thickness in first pic) and the Tucker HF-1 holster and double mag pouch:

Link Posted: 11/20/2007 2:27:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Edited...

Here are some better pictures...

JB....that does look nice.  Where can I buy them?  I thing that burgundy leather looks a little dressier than the 'brown' leather I've been sporting.  Very nice.  I like to stay away from black...too cop-ish.

Looking forward to a source for the Alessi belts....thanks!!!  

Link Posted: 11/20/2007 2:57:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I wear a belt from Gun Leather, Inc.. I wear a plain black one with no trim. I forget how long I've had it, and it's wearing in great, just gets more comfortable every day.

Family run business, great people to deal with. I get all my rigs from them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#12]
WILDERNESS  the best tactical/BELT you can buy

fits blue jeans also

bought mine a real long time ago and it still seems NEW
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#13]

www.bulmangunleather.com/ugbs.html

Bullman slim urban gun belt.  This one is five years old.  When it gets a bit shabbier, I'll be

buying the exact same.  Best gun belt, I've ever had.  Well worth the cost.
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/20/2007 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Alessi or Bulman. I own an Alessi belt and wear it everyday, whether I'm wearing my one pair of shorts or my suit.

Wilderness makes a good belt, if you don't particulary mind how you look. Or if you're training or hiding it under a T-shirt all day and it doesn't matter. But I still prefer leather.

Alessi belts, as Jason has noted, look like they came off the rack at a fine mens clothing store.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#16]
My Aker B21 has been my daily wear/work/carry belt since the day I got it in the mail. Great belt for the money. However, I'm considering a Wilderness Instructor for the thinner profile, but nothing holds a gun like some thick leather.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Rafters gun leather, Brown Shark.

Link Posted: 11/22/2007 3:32:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Rafters gun leather, Brown Shark.

www.raftersgunleather.com/BELTS/shark-tan-belt.JPG

That looks pretty sweet...

Best way is to just call Lou at the shop... 716-691-5615... tell him I sent you.

Oh...one of those.  Sounds 'spensive.

Still weighing options, keep 'em coming.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 1:27:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JB....that does look nice.  Where can I buy them? …snip… Looking forward to a source for the Alessi belts....thanks!!!

Best way is to just call Lou at the shop... 716-691-5615... tell him I sent you.

BTW -- as the above member posted Josh Bulman does indeed make exceptional belts and you would be well served with one from him as well. I have quite a few belts from Josh and they are quite well done.

Quoted:
WILDERNESS  the best tactical/BELT you can buy...

I understand the Wilderness belts are good, but “tactical“... I’m not so sure. I’ve had the opportunity to use allot of good gear to include belts of various styles and makers. I’ve also had the opportunity to train and use tactics but I never remember tactics being made easier or enhanced by what belt I was wearing.  

WHAT I MEAN BUY TACTICAL IS THAT MOST TACICAL TYPE GUYS WEAR THEM!
TRUE THE BELT DONT MAKE THE MAN JUST HOLD UP HIS PANTS AND HANDGUN

IT IS THE BEST BELT OF ITS KIND!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 1:30:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Alessi or Bulman. I own an Alessi belt and wear it everyday, whether I'm wearing my one pair of shorts or my suit.

Wilderness makes a good belt, if you don't particulary mind how you look. Or if you're training or hiding it under a T-shirt all day and it doesn't matter. But I still prefer leather.

Alessi belts, as Jason has noted, look like they came off the rack at a fine mens clothing store.

ALESSI makes good EVERYTHING REIOD

I dont know if MILTSPARK makes belts? Last time I bought a MILTSPARKS IWB WAS 1995/96

WILDERNESS IS THE BEST OF IT KIND

I bought mine along time ago! the belt itself coud be used as a weapon
EXTRA HEAVY ASS STEEL
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 1:36:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Though you stated you didn't want nylon, the Wilderness Belt is the best belt I have ever used. It was day and night difference between my old one (cheapo leather) and the Wilderness when carrying a full-sized pistol and reloads. I honestly don't see it wearing out anytime soon.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Liger belts

Review

A big +1.  This is what I wear daily.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I wear the Dutyman 5121 at the bottom of this page. Ther nice thing about them is that as your waist size changes they are universaly adjustable. Carrying, not carrying they are always at the perfect size to fit you, no in between notches and at $20 how can you go wrong?
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#24]
w
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Liger belts

Review

A big +1.  This is what I wear daily.

+2 from me. I've worn mine everyday for over a year now, and there is barely any wear.
I've worn it with a suit to a wedding and no one made any comments. It's a whole lot thinner and flexible than my roommates leather gun belt, and works just as well.
I was somewhat skeptical about the buckle design when I ordered it, but I love it now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Liger belts

Review

+1 I even wear it without my holster.  Indestructable.  I made my last belt from leather (it lasted longer than any other I purchased) but ligerthane seems pretty indestructable.  It seems to have a nylon fiber backing plus a polymer outer coating.  Sweat, blood, and leather tools fear this material. *

*I have no connection with the people who make this belt other than I own one.

Link Posted: 11/23/2007 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Liger belts

Review

+1 I even wear it without my holster.  Indestructable.  I made my last belt from leather (it lasted longer than any other I purchased) but ligerthane seems pretty indestructable.  It seems to have a nylon fiber backing plus a polymer outer coating.  Sweat, blood, and leather tools fear this material. *

+1 The belt is the schniz, for some reason over time the damn belt starts conforming to the waistline, weird.  Anyhow about the only negatives I can think of the belt is that it is a tight push through some loops and trying to unbuckle the damn thing in a hurry (thinking traumatic diarrhea) doesn't work.
Link Posted: 11/23/2007 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 The belt is the schniz, for some reason over time the damn belt starts conforming to the waistline, weird.  Anyhow about the only negatives I can think of the belt is that it is a tight push through some loops and trying to unbuckle the damn thing in a hurry (thinking traumatic diarrhea) doesn't work.

Quoted:

Liger belts

Review

Yeah no kidding when I gotta pee, I gotta pee (like now when I drink too much beer.)  As far as an indestructable belt I would pick it again.

The buckle is designed with just a peg instead of a toggle buckle so be warned.  I ordered mine too big and had to cut new holes so be careful when ordering.  Cutting new holes with a leather punch was a pain in the ass with the type of construction but as you wear it (within a week) the holes stretch and removal/buckling become very easy.  Trust me, once you break it in you'll never notice.
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 1:00:50 AM EDT
[#29]

I've worn it with a suit to a wedding and no one made any comments.

No, but they were thinking it...at least the women were.

It's a whole lot thinner and flexible than my roommates...

This comment (and your living situation...) threatens my sexuality.  Your opinion has just been invalidated.  

Ligerthane™ possesses over 2,000 lbs of tensile strength with over 300 lbs of hole pull strength.

Why is this a quality I'd want in a belt?  I'll not be towing vehicles with it.  

...makes the belt totally impervious to salt water, blood, mildew, mold, rot and resistant to many common solvents.

Which is important if you are living with an injured dolphin who refuses to clean the shower and uses your belt as a bore snake.

LigerDerm™ patterned exterior imparts a supple, organic appearance.

So does a turd.

The LIGER™ Gun Belt is tough enough to wear with your BDU’s but attractive enough for dress slacks...

Bald faced lie.  If the picture on the website makes it come off as a cheap synthetic strap, I cannot imagine the product soliciting an ooooh   aaaaaah reposnse in person upon it's arrival.  

For $68.99 plus shipping, you could hire a Mexican kid 17 y/o Puerto Rican girl  to follow you around and pull your britches up.

Thanks for all the responses...at least from the guys who know and understand that belt's appearance is every bit as important as the appearance of a good pair of shoes.

You other fellas would probably wear a pair of nylon or rubber shoes to go out trolling for cat...buncha rubes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone try El Paso Saddlery?

Great Belts!

El Paso Saddlery
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Liger belts

Review

Cool.  Never seen one of those.  I am definitely gonna get one.

SM
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Looper leather kydex belt
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Liger belt. I love mine.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:45:04 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Though you stated you didn't want nylon, the Wilderness Belt is the best belt I have ever used. It was day and night difference between my old one (cheapo leather) and the Wilderness when carrying a full-sized pistol and reloads. I honestly don't see it wearing out anytime soon.

TRUE

NO ONE CAN SEE MY BELT ITS UNDER MY SHIRT
Now at the Range I now have to go to, Others will see it!

Mine is like New and Very STIFF.

I also have Leather belts as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top