Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2001 5:36:58 PM EDT
Here in Florida we only get a couple of months that we can wear jackets and actually carry a concealed handgun in a proper holster and not have to get creative and hide a small gun when all you can wear is shorts and t-shirts..now here we are in the middle of december and it's still 85 friggin degrees....will those of you up north please send us some colder weather???
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]
well so far it has been fairly mild, but when it arrives your welcome to all of it.
A fanny pack is pretty good for hot weather.
I have a bagmaster pack, that is pretty low key.
At the gun shows I"ve seen some in leather.
Some models are faster for the draw than others so you may want to shop before you buy
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't see the problem...I live in Las Vegas and 6 months out of the year its over 100 degrees. It's very easy, wear levi's shorts and a good stiff quality carry belt, and an extra large tee shirt, I have been carrying this way for many years and the only problem I have is people think I'm a freak about Levi's shorts, I carry the Glock 27 and no one ever knows

Link Posted: 12/18/2001 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
P.S. don't carry in a fanny pack or try to ankle carry, think about if you ever had to pull it out how nervous you would be and unzipping a fanny pack would take about 2-3 times as long as when your calm, and I never saw anyone run for cover while pulling a gun from an ankle holster, keep it on your hip and close to you, check this site for carry discussions www.gmj.com
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Have been using a Galco fanny pack for 8 years. It is every bit as fast as my strong side holsters. I have done it under stress as well. In some cases it can actually be faster. You have to practice drawing from from it just like you do whatever you carry your weapon in.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The only problem with wearing a fanny pack around AZ is that everybody knows that there is a gun in it.

Hell, just looking around now days, no one wears a fanny pack around town. But if you do go hiking, that is another story.

I do have to admit, trying to conceal in hot climates sucks! I almost have it down, Levis and big T-shirt. Everyone thinks that I am really wacko for wearing Levis when it is 100+ outside, but I just tell them I ride a motorcycle, and I don't ride in shorts.

But I still sucks, especially when one is as skinny as I am.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Depending upon your .45 ammo, you could have a pocket gun that is actually more powerful. 357 Sig RBCD ammo is 60 grs at 2200 fps, 600 ft lbs, in a 3" barrel. For many years, I used a navel rig, IWB, under a hung out t-shirt. It does require that the front corners of the slide be rounded off, though, for comfort's sake. This is the fastest concealed rig, unless  you count the front pocket, with your hand actually on the gun. I have also used the same position, but a properly made belly band (the factory versions are too "limp") and a tucked in, button up shirt. Hip carry "prints" when you sit down, and too often results in brushing the gun against people, door frames, car fenders, etc, and it requires a lot of flexibility to clear the shirttail with the weak hand. With the gun right in front, it is more secure, but it requires a flexed wrist on the draw, FBI cant (muzzle towards the strongside leg) and proper developement of abs and pecs, along with the lack of a spare tire. That rules it out for most men.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Try wearing a loose fitting T-shirt over them shorts.. During the hot summer months here in South Texas, I carry either a G30 or one of my Combat Commanders IWB with a loose fitting T-Shirt.. Loose fitting shirts are cooler for the body also..

Rick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top