Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 7:47:41 PM EDT
   The carry law has just changed here in MN so now I'm thinking about buying a new pistol.
   I now own a Glock model 17. As a rule I don't like small pistols but, I don't want someting that is too hard to conceal.  I've decided on sig arms and 9mm but am torn between the 229 and 226. For every day carry, would the slightly smaller model be worth it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a P245 (the "compact") Sig .45.  Never been 'called' on it (except when getting a hug once...), so I would say your choices are good.  The sig also has nice rounded corners on everything, making it 'comfy'.

And I like the new law, MN honors SD CCP, and SD Honors MN CCP!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got ccw been carrying glock 22 in iwb holster by desantis doesnt seem so far to be a problem  im a barber so im on my feet all day in front of a mirror no  one saw it or aked about it any way no wieght issue etheir also im only 5'8 200lbs so short and fat
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:05:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer Kahr pistols for carry but I can live with a Glock 26/27. When you get into carrying don't believe most of what you hear or read. What do I mean? Toting a large/heavy handgun gets old in a hurry. Look at something that is of sufficient stopping power, not overly heavy, small enough for ease of carry, and that you can shoot well. For me Kahr pistols work. Regards, Richard
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My daily carry is a Kahr MK9.

When the weather is cold, I'll sometimes carry a Glock 19.

Sigs are great guns. For a long time I carried a P225, which is still one of my all time favorites.

Over the last few years I've come to prefer a smaller piece, but will occcasionally switch off with the Glock rather than the Sig, because the Glock's manual of arms is identical to the Kahr.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Concealment is a relative thing.  

A 1911A1 is a fine pistol, and anyone can carry it "concealed" if you ignore the bumps and lumps in your shirt.

Here in Oregon, it just has to be "not visible", so you can "print".  Just don't let your shirt ride up to reveal the horror within.

A trained professional can spot a Chief's in an ankle holster; the guy in the checkout line behind you might assume you have a medical problem if they see a bulge.  Just keep it out of sight so as not to offend the liberals.  And for Gawds sake, have your carry permit with you all the time!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top