Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2006 9:26:10 AM EDT
What determines your choice in holster material? color? exotic skins?
I choose black leather mostly for the comfort and I like the darker color
Anyone have holsters made of exotic skins?
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Since my concern is concealed, it's 100% form, fit, and function.  Fashion is not really in the formula.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not digging the leather too much, I'm about to switch to kydex for comfort. So in my case, i'd have to say experience determines my decision
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Kydex almost exclusively. Thin as can be and I can work up a good sweat and it doesn't bother it. Rinse it off in the sink of it gets dirty and voila.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I see the advantages of kydex or similar synthetic for IWB.  I haven't tried IWB carry yet and use leather holster OWB, or shoulder holster now that it is cold weather dress.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I like IWB leather and choose horsehide(rough-side out)...more sweat-resistant than cowhide. Astethics is not a consideration.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#6]
black kydex

no deformation, easier for me to repair if the parts are out there, doesnt sweat/retain moisture like some of the leathers i have tried before, black to better blend in for most of my situations

Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
black kydex

no deformation, easier for me to repair if the parts are out there, doesnt sweat/retain moisture like some of the leathers i have tried before, black to better blend in for most of my situations

Same here.

Leather is also thicker and heavier, and doesn't offer as smooth a draw.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Dark leather, typically black or dark brown. Horsehide if necessary, cowhide is preferred.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Leather.  I'm going to try Kydex again.  The plastic holsters fit better, but the rough side out leather was a lot less sweaty and uncomfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top