Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 6:40:59 AM EDT
Nebraska legislature has passed the CC bill, finally.  Waiting for the governor to sign the bill and waiting for the state patrol to finalize the required training.  Until then I am looking into a carry holster.
SIG 228 will probably be the carry weapon unless I purchase something specifically for carry.
IWB holster will probably be the primary option.  I am also planning to get a portfolio with a hidden holster.
Recommendations for a IWB holster for the 228.
Experiences with IWB holster & 228.
Other recommendations for carry weapon.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Milt Sparks vm II.

www.lightningarms.com

While it wouldn't be my first choice the VM-2 is a good holster and a smart design.

My personal preference would be the Alessi PCH and I would highly recommend taking a hard look at one... www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=23&t=21850

That si a great lookin holster. Well used, good leather is so sweet. I have a Versa that should be at my front door in a couple days. The benefit of a versa max II is that the belt loops are not on top of the gun; they are on the sides and spread the bulk out considerably(better for ccw). I have seen one first person and was hooked. I don't mind the high cost of the good holsters after carrying an Uncle mike POS for a while.
Check um out
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#4]
If you commonly wear golf shirts and the like tucked in, with no outer garmet, then you'll find that full size and even compact guns are going to be hard to conceal 100% to where nobody will notice (such as if you work at a non-gun zone company and can't afford to be "made").

Then you'll be looking at something pocketable and more easily concealed, like my favorite CCW piece, the Kahr PM9, or a Kel-Tec or North American Firearms.

I've been CCWing since 1995 with various weapons and in all kinds of environs and wearing all kinds of attire.  If you can wear an outergarmet or untucked shirt, then definitely carry the big gun.   But even with tuckable holsters and blousy shirts, you can still see the lump under your waistband and the grip shows when you bend over or sit.

So if you need 100% concealment and to be free to dress how you like, then you'll need to be looking for a smaller gun.

Yeah, yeah, they're going to be people who come in saying I carry a .50 DE (or 1911) all day long everywhere no problem and they dress around a gun.  But it's just too damn hot around here sometimes and you'd look out of place with an outergarment, making people know you're wearing it to conceal a gun (which you are.)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't worry about it. I carry a Desert Eagle .50 all the time with a 1911 as a BUG. It's no big deal. I just dress around it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#6]
General recommendations:
Sparks, Alessi, Del Fatti, et. al. have excellent reputations.

Comp-Tac is good kydex, and I just heard some good third-hand comments about the CTAC.

I wear a Sparks VM-2 with a P239 - it works extremely well under an untucked shirt and, with the tucker clips, quite well under a dress shirt - I did it once, with a patterned dark dress shirt, and a friend didn't see printing while I was standing up with arms up.  Bending over and the like may well print somewhat.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#7]
General recommendations:
Sparks, Alessi, Del Fatti, et. al. have excellent reputations.

Comp-Tac is good kydex, and I just heard some good third-hand comments about the CTAC.

I wear a Sparks VM-2 with a P239 - it works extremely well under an untucked shirt and, with the tucker clips, quite well under a dress shirt - I did it once, with a patterned dark dress shirt, and a friend didn't see printing while I was standing up with arms up.  Bending over and the like may well print somewhat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top