Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 9:27:12 PM EDT
Lets say if my dad took his AR15 around in a case thats not clear and doesnt take the shape of a gun.... would he be aloud to do that..... cause technically it isn't known to be a gun looking at the case
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Short of something weird in Florida laws, you have just described the proscribed method of transporting any unloaded firearm.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
so its concealed? cause my dad carries it to gun shows and I wanted to make sure its ok
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
so its concealed? cause my dad carries it to gun shows and I wanted to make sure its ok

Is it loaded while in the case?  If so, that's really the only way what he's doing could be a problem.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it loaded while in the case?  If so, that's really the only way what he's doing could be a problem.  

nah, he doesnt need it to be loaded for the gunshow
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

nah, he doesnt need it to be loaded for the gunshow

In general, concealed carry laws only refer to loaded guns.  Carrying an unloaded gun in a case to or from an event or activity where its needed is not what concealed carry laws are about.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Jumping back in at the end....

When in the case/box, it is not concealed, it is secured or stored even when carrying the box/case.  However, having it loaded or even the mags loaded probably will get you in trouble.

Concealed refers to hidden on your body (eg, in a holster) or hidden from view like under a car seat or in the glove compartment.

However, for info specific to Florida, you might want to ask questions in the /hometown/Florida forum.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Section 790.06 (1), Florida Statutes, defines concealed weapons or firearms as those carried in a manner that conceals them from the ordinary sight of another person. This includes:

handguns
electronic weapons or devices
tear gas guns
knives
billies

flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0790/SEC06.HTM&Title=-%3E2004-%3ECh0790-%3ESection%2006#0790.06
www.fdle.state.fl.us/contacts/
licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
if its unloaded and "securely encased" thats the only way it IS legal to transport it in FL.

as long as he keeps it "securely encased", meaning it cant be fired through the bag, you are fine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top