Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 1:29:19 PM EDT
Wife and I just picked up our Ohio CCW licenses.  Need to get her a suitable weapon, she recently tried a Glock 26 in 9mm.  was very nice for her.  

ETA:  Thanks Collin and John.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
WElcome to the club....

Now buy everyone here a round!  (funny, in context that has two meanings!)

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for the Kahr, small small SMALL and still in an acceptable caliber

another consideration is a nice light revolver like the S&W 340 Airweight, .357 Mag, 5 rounds, 12oz unloaded.

the debate goes back and forth over what the best thing to carry is, you can carry more rounds with an automatic and they can be slimmer (like the Kahr MK9 which is .90 inches wide) but if you have a malfunction with an automatic when the crap hits the fan all those rounds could be for naught.  With a revolver, the only thing that can cause a malfunction is a dud round and you simply pull the trigger again to go to the next round, with an automatic you have rack the slide again, expending precious seconds to reacquire your target or worse you could have a jam that can be even more complicated to clear and all of these things become infinitely more difficult under the stress of a firefight.  Unless your wife is a real gun enthusiast who will spend a lot of time training at the range, I would recommend a revolver.  And if the .357 proves to be too much in terms of recoil to handle, you can substitute .38 in the same gun and find a load of adequate power that is easier to handle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:48:38 AM EDT
[#4]
We plan to do some shopping for both of us.  As much as I love my SIG 220 in .45ACP, I realize there are some really nice, much smaller handguns out there.  I had a chance to hold the Springfield XD which seemed very nice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:27:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!

My wife really likes her Kimber Eclipse Ultra Carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top