Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 6:42:09 PM EDT
i carry concealed (Glock 19, +1 extra 17rnd mag), but i'd liek to start carrying pepperspray as an additional resort.  what are good (strong, reliable,) types of sprays, and whats better, the foam stuff, or the spray? anything i need to know about laws to carry in VA as well please.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
FOX
www.defensedevices.com/worhotpepspr.html--had good dealings w/ em
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
+1.  Fox Lab Five Point Three.

Quoted:
FOX
www.defensedevices.com/worhotpepspr.html--had good dealings w/ em

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the best top and spray patttern to get?

Looks like a good alternative to punching 10mm holes in dirtbags.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry a 2oz can of foxlabs with the fliptop cap and fog/cone spray.  When I picked mine up I was advised against the foam spray and you have to be more accurate with the stream spray.  The cone seemed to fit my bill perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Carrying pepper spray is a real good idea.  If the guy doesn't have a deadly weapon you had better be reaching for your pepper spray.  I bought a can of Whoop Ass (that's the name of it, honest).  I've got it in a holster on my belt.  It's a fairly large unit and I don't make any attempts to conceal it.  I was in a Mr. Hero the other day and a couple of local LEO's were sitting at a table near where I ordered.  I know they saw it.  Fortunately they didn't say anything about it.  

I've heard good things about Fox and Sabre.  I've also got a large can of bear spray in the glove box.  Fox makes a unit that will remain depressed.  Kinda like those bug bombs you leave in an empty room.  If I still worked in downtown Cleveland, I would probably buy a few and keep them in the car.  Would be nice to have in case you drove into a riot.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top