Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 5:49:27 PM EDT
I just started carrying one recently after taking a night shooting class.  I have an e2e that I usually have in my weak side front pocket, or in my weak side map pocket if I'm wearing cargo pants/shorts.  

If you use a holder of some kind, what do you use?

What kind of light do you carry?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I copied off BookHound method also, and broke down and bought E2e

Weak side pocket works well for me.  When I carried the Scorpion on flashlight holder, it was a bit uncomfy and it printed a bit  On top of that, I found the thin diameter of E2e advantageous using one of the low light shooting techniques. (forgot the technical name)
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot better with the Cigar/Rogers method than the other one.  Need to practice both since they both have their advantages.  Cheek weld is tough 'cause the Sig has a pretty good kick to shoot 1-handed.  Need to work more on my hand and wrist strength.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I too use weak side pocket, though I'll likely be getting a belt holster for it and carrying it just in front of my spare mag in the future.  I carry a Surefire Z2 and use the "FBI technique" -- hold the light in my weak side hand above my shoulder.  I don't cheek weld with the light and actually tend to hold it out away from my torso a little, because I don't want to make a habit of identifying the location of my vitals.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry a Surefire E2e clipped inside my fornt weak side pocket. I already carry the pistol, sapre mag, and fixed balde on my belt, so I don't want to add anything else. I don't like the combo carriers beacuse I use the Surefire for everyday tasks and don't want to expose a pistol mag or 7" knife to get to the light.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:12:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Mitch Rosen SOS with a spare mag and a Surefire 6P. I have one for each gun that I carry.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I too use weak side pocket, though I'll likely be getting a belt holster for it and carrying it just in front of my spare mag in the future.  I carry a Surefire Z2 and use the "FBI technique" -- hold the light in my weak side hand above my shoulder.  I don't cheek weld with the light and actually tend to hold it out away from my torso a little, because I don't want to make a habit of identifying the location of my vitals.

Have you ever seen someone use the FBI technique at night?  It seems counter-intuititve, but it can actually light you up more than the other techniques.  Have somebody hold your light out away from their body at night, and then have them hold it in close to their body as if they were using one of the other techniques.  Have them turn in different directions as if they are searching for you.  You might be surprised out how well you can actually see them with the FBI hold versus some of the techniques.  With the FBI hold, they can actually see your whole body.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry a SF 6P right behind my magpouch on weakside. It's in a Comp-Tac bezel down holder.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a custom Wild Bill's leather pouch for my SL TL-2.  I wear it bezel up, weak side behind my mag pouch.  I like my light and mag pouches sperate as they can flex more...also cause I carry several different guns from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Have you ever seen someone use the FBI technique at night?  It seems counter-intuititve, but it can actually light you up more than the other techniques.  Have somebody hold your light out away from their body at night, and then have them hold it in close to their body as if they were using one of the other techniques.  Have them turn in different directions as if they are searching for you.  You might be surprised out how well you can actually see them with the FBI hold versus some of the techniques.  With the FBI hold, they can actually see your whole body.  

Interesting.  Yes, I have seen folks do it and I haven't been able to identify their position.  There are a few factors in that equation though.

But most importantly, I shoot the best with the FBI technique, so it's what I use.  At a night time match recently, I saw lots of folks using the other techniques aim with their lights instead of their sights, due to the way they use the light.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Interesting.  Yes, I have seen folks do it and I haven't been able to identify their position.  There are a few factors in that equation though.

But most importantly, I shoot the best with the FBI technique, so it's what I use.  At a night time match recently, I saw lots of folks using the other techniques aim with their lights instead of their sights, due to the way they use the light.

I found I did better with the Rogers than the other techniques.  I honestly have not tried the FBI technique.  I'll give it a "shot" the next time I go to the range.  How far away and in front of your body do you hold the light?

I wish there was a place in my area that allowed night time shooting.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Carefully...very carefully.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Mitch Rosen SOS with a spare mag and a Surefire 6P. I have one for each gun that I carry.

Me too.  Very nice set up IMO.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I would like to get a carrier for a bezel-up E2E/L4. That should provide a much lower profile than bezel-down. But I wouldn't want it to activate and backlight me!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#14]
HDS Ultimate 60 LED light in my pocket.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I carry my Infinity Ultra weak side half unscrewed, they say a double-action flashlight is safer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top