Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 7:35:27 PM EDT
I have a clean record other than the normal speeding tickets(nothing excessive).  0 run ins with the Law.  I have an older friend who is still waiting after a few months.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You should get it easily if thats the only thing. I have had two ticktets for speeding and got mine with no worries. Its not hard and the class is easy. And if you fail the shooting part of it then you have glacoma or your just and absolute worthless shot. You'll have no probs. hopefully.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
if you can buy a handgun you can get a CCW as long as you pass the class (and Terri Schiavo could do that)

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]
www.packing.org

real easy in MS--just pay, fill out the forms, apply, get fingerprinted, get pic taken
wait 120 days
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Most states have a "SHALL ISSUE" law that means basically when all said and done if you havnt been to prison in the last 5 years for 1 year or more then you will get a CCW permit

every state is allittle different

also Around here they must ISSUE one within 30 days of recievein requests

good luck
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#5]
NC is shall issue, which means you will get it a few months after you apply for it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#6]
In GA (shall issue state):

1.  go to the courthouse
2.  fill out some paperwork, pay some money
3.  go to the local PD for fingerprinting and pay a little more
4.  if you pass the background check, you get your license in anywhere from a month to 6 months depending on the county

Whole thing takes about 60 -90 minutes.  I've heard you have to wait longer in the crime-ridden counties like Fulton, DeKalb and Clayton than in the more rural and suburban counties.  The Dems don't like folks shooting their voters criminals.  

Good for five years.  Cost varies from county to county, but I think it is approx. $45.  Renewal is $15.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top