Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:21:39 AM EDT
I'm looking for stats/stories, either by state or by nation on how often a CWL/CCP/CHL/etc has been used effectively.

Looking for shootings that have happened within businesses, and the outcomes.  Also looking for how often "innocent bystanders" get injured, that type of thing.

Packing.org isn't loading up for me right now, do they offer good statistics/stories on this?

It angers me when people make a decision based upon an assumption and there is no data to back it up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Florida Stats on licenses.  Prolly not quite what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:32:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Combat Handgun Magazine usually has some good self-defense stories.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got done reading "More Guns, Less Crime" and "The Bias Against Guns" both by John R. Lott Jr.

Lots of great information and analyses and it is very well footnoted and referenced.

They should be required reading for every firearm owner and 2nd supporter.

Seydou
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#5]
LA +2
There's a LA thread story circulating right now, and my SHTF of 2003.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got finished reading "The Concealed Handgun Manual" by Chris Bird and its first chapter is dedicated to stories of CCWs saving peoples lives/experiences that motivated people to apply for CCWs. (its the first 56 pages out of a ~375 page book)

It tells 5 or 6 good stories.

Having said all of that, I dont know that I would recommend buying the book just for the few stories.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a good online resource (updated daily and 3 years of archives):

Civilain Gun Self Defense Blog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top