Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 2:11:14 PM EDT
Madison - The state Assembly today came up short in its attempt to override Gov. Jim Doyle’s veto of a measure that would have allowed residents to carry concealed weapons.
The 64-to-34 vote was a boost to Doyle, who mustered enough support from fellow Democrats to fend off a veto override on the measure for a second time.

All Republicans voted for the override; they were joined by Democratic Reps. Barbara Gronemus of Whitehall, Mary Hubler of Rice Lake, Marlin Schneider of Wisconsin Rapids and Amy Sue Vruwink of Milladore.

The Republicans needed 66 votes, or a two-thirds majority, to override the veto.

Democratic Reps. Terry Van Akkeren of Sheboygan and John Steinbrink of Pleasant Prairie were the deciding votes. Both earlier had voted for the bill, but switched and backed Doyle on the override attempt. Rep. Joe Parisi (D-Madison) did not vote.

Last week, the Senate voted 23-10 to override, above the two-thirds majority necessary.

46 states can't be wrong!!!
I am certified to carry in 26 states except the one I live in!!!
Friggin Democratics!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Democrats
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Burn the libs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
It seems anything good is shot down by liberal end of the democratic party. Remember, I think their is at least one good democrat, Zel Miller.

Liberalism is killing our constitution, but Americans are finally waking up, I THINK!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It seems anything good is shot down by liberal end of the democratic party. Remember, I think their is at least one good democrat, Zel Miller.

Liberalism is killing our constitution, but Americans are finally waking up, I THINK!

Yes, it s important to remember that not all democrats are against firearms, it is the LIBERAL  side of the isle that is against firearms and not all democrats are liberals, in fact some republicans are more liberal than some democrats. OK, now I am confused
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top