Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 4:01:40 PM EDT
Hi guys. This is my first time to ever post in the handgun section.  I am a RIFLE man all the way.  Anyhow I live in Houston,Tx and as you know we had a really bad hurricane Rita come our way last Sept.  To make a long story short, My wife, son, his dog and cat and myself and my rifles piled in our truck and hauled butt to west tx where family lives.  while we were there I saw my grandpa who was a WW2  vet and by chance he saw me unloading a rifle.  He said he didnt know I liked guns and told me he had always been into guns his whole life.  We talked about guns for awhile and then he said he had something for me.  He handed me a Walther PPK  and told me that he had had it for many many years. he wanted me to have it.  I asked him why  he was giving it away to me.  He said because he had the Lord now in his heart and and didnt need it anymore.  Also because all the new greatgrand babies got into everything and he didnt want them to find it.  Anyhow,  I just wanted to share that with you all because I guess cool stuff like that doesnt happen everyday.  I have never really been into handguns, but now im learning what I can.  It is a Spotless gun for as old as it is.  I asked Grandpa how long he had it.  He said he couldnt remember, and he has a great memory, so it must have been a long time!  Anyhow, just wanted to share my "new" walther PPK with you!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool! You shold try to do a serial number lookup to find its age.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:00:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi M15A2.   I m working on that now.  Ill let you know!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#3]
The Walther PPK is a great gun.  I have owned the PPKS and found it very reliable.  Have fun with it!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
That is fantastic!!!  What a piece of history.

Keep that gun and pass it down to your family to keep it with in it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#5]
We want picutres!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok Flamered.  Ill put some up.  Maybe you'll know what the symbols mean.  Hold on
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok my pictures suck.  I should probably try to take them in natural light so the flash doesnt create a blur.  My digy camera takes great pic, but not in bad light. oh well.  If you look hard, you can read the words. I tried guys.http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/babycat2006/IMG_0073.jpg   Looks like little furs from the cloth got in the pic   http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/babycat2006/IMG_0075.jpg
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:12:59 AM EDT
[#9]
That is realy cool.  The gun looks quite old.  My grandfather has given each of the sons in our fam one of his rifles.  They mean a lot to me.  He also gave me his .22 Colt Woodsman.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd suggest you check the value before you make this gun anything other then a safe queen. It could have quite a bit of collector value.

Times Like this I wish I had had grandfather (s). Anyone want to adopt?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah like I say. ive only had it since Sept. Havent fired it yet.  It has been cleaned and oiled thoroughly.  When i tell people about it, they almost always offer to buy it.  Gramps said it has been a few years since he has fired it.  But he always ttok care of it.  He gave my other cousin, who is overseas in the gulf, a colt 45.  Could anybody make out the words in the second pic????
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#12]
That looks just like a pistol I got from my Granddad many years ago.  He gave me a Mauser HSc 7.65mm he picked up in WW2.  Mine was made in 1941 if I remember right.  Mine had wooden hand gaurds instead of plastic though.  It stove pipes every now and then but is fun to shoot!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one I got from my father.  Yours looks nearly the same, and is probably a pre-war model.  The serial number will tell.  Mine has a s/n just over the 1,000,000 mark (if I remember correctly, made in 1938)  If it has the original magazine with the plastic finger rest, put it away and get a Meg-gar mag to shoot that piece of history.  The original is valuable since many had the plastic part broken.

Hmm, after seeing yours I will take mine out this weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top