Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 12:08:09 PM EDT
he has a ccw . but what does he have to do when we hit a no carry state for him.  stop before he enters the state unload and lock up the gun. He asked if i could just carry it thought then hand it back to him  but i just dont like that idea .
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
he has a ccw . but what does he have to do when we hit a no carry state for him.  stop before he enters the state unload and lock up the gun. He asked if i could just carry it thought then hand it back to him  but i just dont like that idea .

Why would you be able to?  Are you a LEO?

I'd check the laws regarding carry in cars to begin with.  In a lot of cases even states that won't honor your CHL have exemptions which allow for vehicle carry.

If you're in a place it's not allowd, unload the gun and lock it in the trunk, ammunition stored separately.  In some states (kali for one) you don't even want to have a loaded magazine around, so unload those as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:25:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Lock them in the trunk!  Separate the ammo from the gun.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Just did this on a drive from VA to TX and back this week.  My VA permit is good in VA, TN, not in GA (we cut the northwest corner of that state on I59/24), AL, or MS, but good in LA and TX.

I did what everyone here suggested:  Our last stop before the GA border, I unloaded the pistol, put the mags in a separate bag, put them all in the trunk and didn't take them out until we hit Louisiana.  Did the same thing in reverse on the way back.

Go to packing.org, look up the state his permit is from, that'll give you a map of which states it's good in.  Go to the individual states you're going to be crossing and print out the relevant sections on how/when/where to carry, and the "peaceable journey" or "car carry summary" sections for those states the CHL is NOT good for and follow that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top