Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 8:51:28 AM EDT
Is there a high quality holster available that I can conceal inside my waist belt or wear outside on my belt depending on how I set it up?
I don’t mind spending money on a good holster but I’d like to get one that is versatile if possible.

It is for a Sig 226 if that matters.  I will wear it at work but it’s ok here so bulges under a tucked in shirt aren’t a deal breaker.
I’m 6’2”, 200# if that’s relevant to concealing this pistol in conjunction with any eligible holsters.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think such a thing exists.  IWB and OWB require the mounting hardware on different sides of the holster.  Even if there were one that the mounting point could be reversed, it would require a good bit more width to accomodate it.  You're better off with two good quality holsters.

If you're trying to keep commonality of use, consider an IWB and OWB from Blade-Tech.  At $60 each, the combined total is roughly the same as a single high end leather like Milt-Sparks.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.

I was looking at two new Blackhawk holsters last night.  Some fancy things made out of carbon fiber.  I have no idea if they're worth a crap.

I am going to check out the Blade Tech holsters though now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, thanks guys.

Meanwhile, am I retarded or does Bladetech not have a holster to accommodate a Sig 226?

ETA:
Oh, wait...they seem to be under "duty holsters" not "injection molded holsters".
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OK, thanks guys.

Meanwhile, am I retarded or does Bladetech not have a holster to accommodate a Sig 226?

ETA:
Oh, wait...they seem to be under "duty holsters" not "injection molded holsters".

Yeah, the injection mouled Blade-Techs aren't that great anyway.  I'm also not a fan of the Blackhawk CQC rigs.  I like the retention, but the thing is just flimsy.  It isn't even carbone fiber, but just a sticker applied to the outside that looks like carbone fiber.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK, thanks guys.

ETA:

Yeah, the injection mouled Blade-Techs aren't that great anyway.  I'm also not a fan of the Blackhawk CQC rigs.  I like the retention, but the thing is just flimsy.  It isn't even carbone fiber, but just a sticker applied to the outside that looks like carbone fiber.

LOL!  A sticker?!  What a crock!

So would I be on the right track with the Blade-Tech IWB or "duty" holsters?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have any first hand experience with the IWB, but it looks like a solid design.  I do have a lot of experience with the OWB and love them.  I use them exclusively for IDPA and USPSA.  They also get used a fair amount for CCW, but ride a bit low unless you have a long cover garment.  

Oh yeah... don't get the Tec-Lock.  It moves it out away from your body and the edges of it can bite your gut if you've got a bit of spare tire overhang like I do.  The 1 3/4" loops with spacers is what I prefer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#9]
generally things that a 2 in 1 do neither well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top