Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 10:29:32 PM EDT
Hey all my fellow firearm/shooting friends.itscsely to the time where i can legally be able to purchase my very own first handgun.Imturning 20 october but next yr ill be 21.So i wanted to get ahead of myself JUST bit so i have all the eccessories in time then i get the gun once iam 21. But i have one small problem, Its  that iam in a wheelchair parazlized from the waist down but have full use of my arms and hands and have shot a pistol and rifles befor. But i cant seem to find the right type of holster to carry a compac pistol for me being in a wheelchair and all. Iam not extremly paralized, i can shoot a handgun/rifle/shotgun with no problem. does anyone have any good ideas or know of any good holsters that i would be able to carry a compact pistol on my side, not have it dig into my hip, and be able to unholster my firearm if necessary in a fast manner.

hope someone can help

sencerely
vinnie
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think a holster on your body will be very practical or comfortable for you. I would look to attach something to the wheelchair.

I forget who makes them, but its like a padded folder that goes around the gun. It can be attached to a belt, but can be unfolded quickly for quick access. It's one of the standard holster/gun leather companies.

Bump for ya.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks man i happen to be thinking of something like that didnt think it exsisted though huh cool. thanks again though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Ikor has a good point, but as I do not know Vin's particular situation wearing it at his 3 o'clock might make several peronal things more difficult. Having dealt with handicapped people before I know that it could present a problem, not just from the weapon digging into your side.

Maybe consider a fanny pack designed to carry a weapon. This might be your best option come to think of it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd opt for a crossdraw shoulder holster which is pretty standard.  Something attached to the chair itself would be sweet but a holster attached to your body would keep the gun mobile, not affixed to the seat.

Interesting topic.  Let us know what you decide to roll with.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking shoulder rig.  Galco is a good brand, check it out, you might like it.  MJD
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#7]
The fact that you're in a wheel chair means you spend most of your life in the same position the rest of us are in when driving.  Strong side belt holsters are not easy to access when seated.  The most easily accessed is a shoulder rig, but it requires the use of a jacket to conceal it.  A belt mounted cross draw holster would still be easily accessed, but wouldn't be as visible.  In fact, you could probably get away without any cover garment as it would be tucked between your off side hip and the chair.

As long as we're talking about this, let me ask a different question.  Why are you looking at a compact handgun?  You don't have to walk with it and the chair can help you conceal it nicely.  I'd say, get the biggest damn gun you can find and get a good quality cross draw holster.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Hell, a google search turned this up.  Its meant for driving, which is right up your alley.  Action Direct

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top