Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 2:45:59 PM EDT
Okay, I did a 3 month search and got no results. Does anyone have any experience with Clipdraw? I keep a Makarov in the truck. I do not carry everyday, just occasionally. I currently use a Uncle Mikes cheapy soft holster, I go thru about 2 a year. Is the Clipdraw worth the $20 or is it just another $20 gimmick? FYI I plan to GunKote my Makarov this weekend also. Moisture should be a non-issue essentially.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one on a revolver and didn't like it. I went back to the cheapy soft holster until I got a leather IWB.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a clip on my Kel-tec P40. It is my most carried pistol because I can grap it on the way out the door without worrying about a holster.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry with a round chambered in my guns.  I would not trust a gun without something covering the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I carry with a round chambered in my guns.  I would not trust a gun without something covering the trigger.

If you have ever shot a Makarov they have a long trigger pull, much like Keltecs I have shot. That doesn't worry me much.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have carried a colt in my pocket for years.....

Nothing covering the trigger. No need for a hair trigger on a carry gun.

It just comes down to preference. For IWB, I prefer a soft holster. I don't want a rough or hard leather holster chaffing my skin
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:00:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I tried the original for the M1911.  It sucked.  There's not much else to say about it.  It kept the gun from sliding down your pants, but that's about all.  It wasn't too bad with an empty gun, but with ammo in the grip, the gun would basically rotate around the axis formed by the clip and your pant top.  Basically the clip was too far forward of the CG.  Frankly you were better off without it, or using a "Mexican string".

I've never tried one for the Mak.

I used the OEM clip on the Kel-tec and it worked well, though much harder to draw.

I use a Barami hip-grip on my Colt DS and it works great.  I can't say enough good things.

I say the clipdraw is a gimmick and certainly NOT worth $20.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I made my own clip-draw for my .357 Colt Lawman  2" , it works great, it is comfortable and I feel confident about how secure it is in my pants (no pun intended)  but it really is secure    

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top