Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 9:53:18 PM EDT
Has anyone used one before? How are they?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#1]
i ordered one this morning- i'll report back and let you know.  the reviews on midway seemed to speak pretty highly of them.  i'll post a report.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:08:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have $60 Safariland L-830 and it's nothing but a thick leather belt.  I bet Bianchi's the same.  I'd suggest you get a nice 1.5" thick leather belt from department store and save $$$
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:05:13 AM EDT
[#4]
L-830 has laminate reinforced layer sandwiched between leathers.  I actually don't see the difference between this purpose built belt and some of my nice thick double layered leather belts from Sears.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#6]
ok gents, here's my review.  i received my bianchi B26 1-1/2" dress belt today from midway.  the belt is beautiful, however- it's nothing special and certainly not a gun belt by any stretch.  i wear a size 32 and i had to use the very last hole on this size 32 belt- so they run a little small.  i'm attaching pictures of the thing compared to you run-of- the mill 1-1/2" dept store leather belt- which i prefer for carry against the bianchi (lesser of two evils).

it's not a bad belt for $31, but i ordered what i thought was a gunbelt and hence, this thing is going back.  enjoy.  the bianchi is the tan/brown belt.  the black one is a goody's belt.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are going to carry SERIOUSLY, you need to get a serious gun belt. It needs to be reinforced to hold up and support a firearm. It will last you many years.

Sure, you can get a $30 dress belt from Sears and it'll last 6 months of daily carry - heck, you can probably put up with it for a year or so. But, it's going to sag at the top and this will make your carry gun print more as it bows out from the body. Or, you can get a good gun belt and it will last you years - 10 or more if you take care of it. So, $30 every six to twelve months times 10 years, $300 min - or $60 for 10 years. Pay for quality once.

Of course, some people just love packing their serious CCW in a nylon $25 gun show tactical special, with the requisite spring steel clip. Or you can pack in a nice Milt Sparks or Galco leather holster.

I am 5'08" and pack a P220 and 2 spare mags under a T-shirt. Let's see you do that with a nylon tactical black gun show special holster.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the comparison, I think i'll pass on the Bianchi.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
i would (pass that is)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top