Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 5:32:04 PM EDT
I will be picking up a Taurus 605 soon. Was wondering what would be a good CCW holster for it? Would prefer to keep the price under $60 or less.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a S&W 3" Chief's Special that I carry one of three ways depending on the weather and my clothing. I use a IWB holster from Don Hume in the summer time. It carries great under a shirt. I think I paid about $40.00 for that one.

I have a Fobus paddle holster for when the weather is a bit colder and I can wear a heavier shirt or jacket. That ran about $20.00. The last holster is an ankle rig made by the Strong Leather company and that is for when I am wearing my "Sunday go to meeting" suit. I think that rig was about $50.00 or so.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a mitch rosen wkm for my s&w 642.  I love it!
edit: Not <$60 tho
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:57:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the Desantis Pocket Holster or the Kramer if you like leather better.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#4]
www.action-direct.com/defender.htm

I have one...
I showed it to three co-workers, and they each bought one for themselves.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I wear a Don Hume OWB from gunnersalley.com. Very comfy and can wear a tight t-shirt.
www.gunnersalley.com/product/H710
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all of the tips so far guys. I am kinda liking the last holster, I was thinking something outside of the waistband like that, I wear most of my shirts un-tucked and would prefer to keep my body persperation away from the gun.

Any other suggestions or pics PLEASE show em'
THANKS!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry my S&W Model 37 Airweight in an Ambi IWB.  Coincidently I carry my Kimber Ultra-Carry in an Ambi IWB as well.  I've tried all kinds of Leather and Kydex stuff but have found that the Nylon Canvas holsters are the least intrusive for IWB carry.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:32:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Desantis nemesis pocket holster for me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:52:45 AM EDT
[#9]
S&W 642 with 2" barrel
Bianchi belt holster

Galco inside the pants with belt hook

Bianchi ankle holster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top