Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2017 8:47:00 AM EDT
Hi All,

Do any of you have issues with your mag in AIWB position?

I carry a G-17 mag on my weak side in a single mag with a single belt loop.  The top of the mag pushes out and prints bad under my shirt.  I was thinking of adding something like a foam wedge to see if that tilts the mag in a little.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Which pouch? I use jmcustom and don't have an issue with g17 mags. The foam is a good idea. I've used it on some holsters.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Zero fucks given if I'm "printing."

Nobody will notice, nobody cares...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Mastermind single mag carrier.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Seconded.....
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
OP, you could probably open carry both your handgun and extra magazine and 9/10 people wouldn't notice.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OP, you could probably open carry both your handgun and extra magazine and 9/10 people wouldn't notice.
View Quote
I know, I know but I like my slim waistline
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
This you are way over thinking it
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I know your struggle as I too have had many a G17 mag print too much when pushed against my stomach.

The most comfortable and concealable aiwb mag holder that I have found is made by JM Custom kydex. I have very little issue with it as the mag rides on a slant instead of up and down. Additionally, the height above the belt is not as high to push against my belly, though there is enough of the mag sticking out of the top of the mag holder to get a secure purchase.

Here is the link to it: http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-SPMP.html
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:49:03 AM EDT
[#10]
The best mag pouch I've used is the G code single kydex mag carrier with the IWB clip attached so the base of the mag is canted away from the pistol when worn appendix. How the IWB clip is designed let's the pouch and mag sit deep below the waist line so it has virtually no signature even in slim t-shirts plus it's nice and comfortable. I've tried a ton of mag pouches and that's the best one FOR ME. Although I bet the JM AIWB mag carrier is great to, it's the same concept.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:20:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I carry my mag at 11:00, 45° cant.  No printing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Is your gun a 17 it are you being a 17 mag for a 19/26? If the latter, I'll state the obvious and say you could carry a smaller mag
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#14]
My guncraft mag carrier does the same thing with a G17 mag. I dont get too bent out of shape about it, but it would be nice if it wasnt an issue.

I carry my spare mag at ~11 o'clock or so. I've been considering one of the canted mag carriers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#15]
No issues with a modified ten speed.

Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The best mag pouch I've used is the G code single kydex mag carrier with the IWB clip attached so the base of the mag is canted away from the pistol when worn appendix. How the IWB clip is designed let's the pouch and mag sit deep below the waist line so it has virtually no signature even in slim t-shirts plus it's nice and comfortable. I've tried a ton of mag pouches and that's the best one FOR ME. Although I bet the JM AIWB mag carrier is great to, it's the same concept.
View Quote
Same here.  I originally tried wearing it iwb on my weak side and it was too bulky, so I switched to the gcode paddle.  I recently started carrying aiwb, and decided last week to go back to the iwb gcode clip, and west it on the left side of my belt buckle.  I keep it canted to the side, and the 17 mag disappears.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top