Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2017 3:56:57 PM EDT
I've been carrying a P30sk for a couple years & I have been on the fence with buying a walther pps m2. The belt I'm using is the dress belt with the tracks. Can't think of name. But anyways I notice that I really have to sinche up belt to keep holster and firearm from laying out from waistline and printing. Gets uncomfortable when that tight. So for folks who carry a single stack 9mm is there a much better compfort  when carrying a single stack vs double noticeably or it really don't make a difference. Or is my belt a POS and I should get a stiffer better quality belt? All comments are greatly appreciated,thank you..
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a pretty average sized guy (34" waist, size L shirt) and can carry a G19 OWB without much issue. A good stiff belt and a good holster that hold the gun close to your body are the key.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Summertime when it's hot and I feel like going with just a t shirt, I either have my Colt Defender, or H&K P7M8 both of which are single stack and carried in a Milt Sparks Versa Max.  The belt, being a Atlas Volund  is stiff enough to carry whatever you might want.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I just need a better belt
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I just need a better belt
View Quote
Ares Gear Aegis belt... thank me later it is worth every penny.  I have two the standard and the enhanced double layer.  Great belt and infinity adjustable while being quick to adjust as well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Better belt and/or a G43
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ares Gear Aegis belt... thank me later it is worth every penny.  I have two the standard and the enhanced double layer.  Great belt and infinity adjustable while being quick to adjust as well.
View Quote
i was just looking at that. Would the ares nylon belt be a better choice than the crossbreed leather as far as stiffness longevity? I do like the buckle for adjustability.

Any experience with Bigfoot gun belts? 1/2 the price
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I OWB carry a single stack 9 in a kydex pancake.  It is a Kahr CT9 and it basically is what the G43 should've been, a single stack 19.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I often carry my Shield 9mm OWB in a Cook's holster (best kydex holsters ever. Period.)

It's typically carried AIWB, but I'll use it for OWB by sliding the holster outside of my pants, inside of the belt. Wearing an untucked shirt keeps it easily covered.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I owb a XDs 45 with a custom belt by Barsony that I got on gunbroker. I've been using the belt for the last 11 years and it's still holding up good.

I use to see Barsony belts and holsters on E-bay too.

ETA: I use a "cheap" Bulldog holster that I got from the Sportsman Guide for $17. It works very well with the XDs. I have a drawer full of

holsters but this one works the best...

ETA 2: You can get a heavy duty belt from Hanks that is made by the Amish I believe. I bought a couple of the them but never used them

due to the Barsony belt lasting so long.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I carry a Glock 17 OWB in a Raven holster on a TT Gunleather belt. It's no harder to carry or conceal than the Shield I had.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i was just looking at that. Would the ares nylon belt be a better choice than the crossbreed leather as far as stiffness longevity? I do like the buckle for adjustability.

View Quote
Leather ones i have owned only lasted about a year to year and a half before they would sag.  Also static holed belt suck because i am never the same size when I sit i loosen up, when I stand i tighten up, after eating I may loosen, or a long sweaty day I may need to tighten.  A static hole belt is never perfect tension it is usually to tight or to loose. The Ares gear belts I have are as stiff as day one.  Previously owned a Comp-tac, Beltman, Wilderness and all did not hold up to daily carry more than a year to year and half.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, I have the 140z steel lined belt and have been very happy with it.  Great belt!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup sounds like you need a gun belt. Don't use a regular flimsy belt you might find at the mall or something. Get something thick and rigid made for holding up the weight of a gun. I like my leather Galco belt well enough. 
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Going on 8years with my aeres gear ranger belt.    Wear it every day, still as stiff as the day I got it
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Going on 2 years of everyday carry with a Galco Cop Belt, G19.4 in either a RCS Phantom/INCOG and a spare magazine and no sag.  Sounds like you may need a belt specifically designed to carry a gun.  Should make it more comfortable and stable on your hip.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Ordered a Bigfoot,thanks guys..
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Been wearing an SOE belt for 4 years under a duty belt. The edge of the belt started fraying about 6 months ago after threading the buckle on and off every day for 3.5 year. . Say whatever you want about John and SOE...

EDC belt is currently a Boxer Tactical Zenith belt. Good belt will last you a while.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow what a difference Bigfoot gun belt makes! Can't beat the price for $60. Hand to send first one back due to wrong size. Great customer service! Only issue I had was the kydex holster sqeek as I walked. So I rubbed belt down with a leather wax & now sqeek is gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top