Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2005 4:16:08 PM EDT
Is this possible?  I'd like to conceal carry, but I usually wear blue jeans for everyday wear.

Its too hot in South Texas to wear a jacket...

About the only solution I've thought of is an ankle holster and a small gun.

Advice please?
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]
www.smartcarry.com is one option.

I wear comfort fitting jeans, tucked in shirt, small gun and it works like a champ.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue jeans is easy...  Carry whatever you want.  I just go with shirt untucked and hide my 1911 in an IWB holster w/o any issues.  If yu have dress code issue there are some tuckable holsters that allow the shirt to be tucked in.  I don't a problem here.

Kent
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in the PHX area here in AZ and I almost always wear Jeans a T-Shirt carrying IWB Kimber Ultra-Carry or a S&W Model 37 Airweigth 38.  All you need is a light un-tucked cover shirt.

Link Posted: 5/3/2005 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Whenever I try to carry like that a gust of wind blows against me and prints my gun right through the shirt.

Or worse, blows the shirt over the gun.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Blue jeans is easy...  Carry whatever you want.  I just go with shirt untucked and hide my 1911 in an IWB holster w/o any issues.  If yu have dress code issue there are some tuckable holsters that allow the shirt to be tucked in.  I don't a problem here.

Kent

big ditto here.  VMII at 9:00 (I'm a lefty)  

I carried in the AZ heat for 9 years before moving east.  I wear an undershirt between my gun/holster and skin.  Keeps from chafing and keeps the gun from getting all sweaty.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Whenever I try to carry like that a gust of wind blows against me and prints my gun right through the shirt.

you're either using the wrong  holster or wrong position.  buying your t-shirts a size large will also stop this from happening.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I wear jeans almost every day while carying. Perfect pants IMO for carrying concealed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#9]
If you have not considered this it is worth a look.

www.pagerpal.com/

Good luck in your search
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

www.pagerpal.com/

Good luck in your search

No it's not worth a look.  Pagerpall is uncomfortable, unaccessable and IMHO almost as stupid as Thunderwear.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 6:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Really, is it that windy in VA?

I've been carrying IWB this way for over seven years and no one has suddenly screamed, "Oh my god! He has a gun under his shirt!"

What do you carry, Desert Eagle or an Eastwood special?

If you are carrying a reasonable firearm designed for CCW the wind print will not be noticed and if you don't live in Chicago you will seldom have to be concerned about the wind blowing your shirt over our gun.

Even if an edge prints on the outside of a cover shirt, none but the most alert will notice and even then, whose to say that it isn't a cell phone or a pager or fat wallet.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.pagerpal.com/

Good luck in your search

No it's not worth a look.  Pagerpall is uncomfortable, unaccessable and IMHO almost as stupid as Thunderwear.

1Andy2 is looking for options and  that's what I gave him. Everyone has an opinion - just like you. Why not let him decide for himself? What you find uncomfortable or whatnot someone else may like. I'm not ignoring your opinion, but don't see it as the only one capable of invalidating the option.

Care to elaborate on how long you used one and specficically why it was uncomfortable or inaccessible? Does body size make a diffeence etc.....
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really, is it that windy in VA?

Portions of VA are that windy. Don't forget it is a coastal State so we have on-shore off-shore wind due to temp gradient and also NE storms that pound the heck out of the coast for days on end sometimes. Further inland not the same issues to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#14]
shirt concealment is not really an option in corpus christi.  Its very windy here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Try a tuckable holster. Jeans are a great pant to ccw in. That is because of the thickness of the material and the rigidity of the waistband. I perfer them to more dressy slacks. I cannot stress enough the effectiveness of tuckable holsters!!!

edited to at:  I split last summer between Dallas and Austin that is how I did it the whole time. This summer I will be in Houston and plan to do the same thing. I may even end up there permanentaly, if I can find a job!!!

Good luck and try lots of different brands. A very important factor is the thickness of the holster be careful of really bulky holsters.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#16]
ankle holster in blue jeans make it kind of a pain in the ass, I always wore khakis with a ankle holster or 5.11s
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#17]
milt sparks vmII

Link Posted: 5/4/2005 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Pocket carry is always an option.  With jeans you can modify the pocket if need be (deeper, wider, shorter, etc.) to meet your needs.  I'm in SW Louisiana and find it to be the best option for the hot weather.
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#19]
IWB with jeans and a larger size t-shirt than what "fits" works. As for the wind blowing your shirt up, just hold it down. Geez, nobody thinks its strange that your keeping your shirt from blowing up. The biggest part of CCW is to relax. The average fool person is no more aware of what's going on around them than they can fly. Likewise they don't equate lump in shirt with the image of gun because they aren't looking for one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're either using the wrong  holster or wrong position.  buying your t-shirts a size large will also stop this from happening.

It's also good to have a t-shirt made of heavier than average fabric.  Carharrt makes some "heavy" t-shirts for about $15 each.
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
milt sparks vmII

So these really work as good as everyone says?

I may jsut have to order one. Website says they're a big behind, but i'll be on a summer vacation so it'll be waiting when i get back.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 1:38:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
milt sparks vmII

I may jsut have to order one. Website says they're a big behind, but i'll be on a summer vacation so it'll be waiting when i get back.

Lightning Arms has them in stock
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 1:42:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
milt sparks vmII

Lightning Arms has them in stock

lightning arms has what in stock?????   what type of ccw is it your trying to conceal????

i have been on the backorder list for quite some time now for a vmII blk horsehide for my g23 and g27.... was given an eta of early to mid may.

yes they are some well made iwb holsters. a friend has one and i have tried it out and i fell in love with it. i referred it to him from all the hype it was given over at glock talk. now i wished i got it before him cause now the are backordered.

eta how would you know if las has the milt holsters in stock? there is no way of telling through their site
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 4:08:14 AM EDT
[#24]
easy enough to give 'em a call.  Craig is a good guy.  (I did this and had my VMII in hand in 72 hrs)
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 4:29:52 AM EDT
[#25]
+1 on the tuckable holster. I use 1 and it works great. Wear a underarmor t shirt for chafe protection. I can tuck my shirt in and look neat. Also consider the Kramer shirt holster.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#26]
IWB and a cover shirt
not too hard
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't usually use a tshirt, I've switched almost exclusively to polo shirts and Hawaiian print shirts, especially the latter.  The polos are usually of a thicker material that doesn't print as easily, and the patterns of the Hawaiians breaks up the outline of the pistol.  The silk Hawaiians are the best, they keep you cooler in the VA humidity.  You can wear an Underarmor tshirt, or spring for some cheapo wifebeater tshirts to keep the gun from getting sweated on or your side from chafing.

No matter what you choose, make them at least two sizes bigger than you usually wear.  My wife says I look like I'm trying to hide a beer belly, but I'd rather look fat than armed.

I carry a full-sized 1911 this way, and haven't been made yet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
IWB and a cover shirt
not too hard

+1
I carry a commander sized 1911 in a Milt Sparks VMII and wear jeans, shorts, etc... and normal fitting t-shirts.  No problems.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 3:57:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Loose fit jeans and a T Shirt of heavy material or a Polo Shirt, one size large. Darker colors work better. A Quality IWB holster and matching belt. And relax about printing. Most people won't see or realize what it is, even if you do print for a second.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
www.smartcarry.com is one option.

I wear comfort fitting jeans, tucked in shirt, small gun and it works like a champ.

+1   Smartcarry all the way, baby!

I wear it with jeans, dress slacks, docker type pants, shorts, sweats, you name it!  Never a problem for me-----ever!  
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#31]
All I wear (off duty) are jeans and they're fine for CC. I use VM2s for three different size weapons and a Smart carry for two of those. I also have a High Noon Holster for the smallest of the lot.
M
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#32]
I live where it's damn hot....and windy.

I wear a short-sleeve t-shirt, then another un-buttoned s.s. shirt over my gun.  5" 1911 everyday......period.

I don't stand out in the heat, or wind, for hours at a time.  generally I am in AC'd vehicles and buildings.  So, it's not that big a deal.

Hell, guys are walking all over the hottest parts of this earth with alot more on than two lightweight shirts and a .45.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#33]
blackie Collins has some nice looking Jeans with a carry pocket in them. Expensive though...like $80 a pair.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#34]
If you carry owb like I do, I think jeans with an unbuttoned nice safari shirt and a good quality 100% cotton tee underneath is a good look. As far as it being possible...I do it everyday. If it gets windy I button it up.http://a1460.g.akamai.net/f/1460/1339/6h/www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Pod/01/87/75/p018775sq03.jpg
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
shirt concealment is not really an option in corpus christi.  Its very windy here.

This Rig works good for me with in Corpus. It'll work good for you too :) Just wear a loose untucked shirt. It's Okay if it prints a little. As long as your Gun IS NOT EXPOSED,... we're okay in Tx.

What type of weapon do you Carry??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top