Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2015 10:19:44 AM EDT
I am looking for a half way decent IWB and OWB holster for a Sig p238 for my wife's soon to be carry gun. So far I have tried four holsters for it and they have all been utter trash; a bladetech klipt, the sig pos it comes with, and the alien gear "combo". The Alien gear holsters are complete trash as is the little holster sig gives you with the pistol. The Bladetech isn't terrible but the retention is WAY to much.

Should I just get a hybrid style IWB and kydex OWB? I have had good luck with RKBA concealment in the past and may have to see what he can do for me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Search "crossbreed seconds" and then click on the word FIREARM at the top to re-sort the results.  That should float all the XDs holsters to the top.  I'd get you a link but the gvt firewall thinks it's an adult website (!?!?).

Anyway, that will allow you to try out one of their holsters a lot cheaper than buying a first quality one.  They're seconds due to blemishes only, like a weird rivet or splotchy piece of leather- they are 100% functionally.  If you're carrying concealed the blem doesn't matter- if you can even find it- I have three and can't find any blemish- even have two of their 'seconds' belts and can't find the blemish.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I am looking for a half way decent IWB and OWB holster for a Sig p238 for my wife's soon to be carry gun. So far I have tried four holsters for it and they have all been utter trash; a bladetech klipt, the sig pos it comes with, and the alien gear "combo". The Alien gear holsters are complete trash as is the little holster sig gives you with the pistol. The Bladetech isn't terrible but the retention is WAY to much.

Should I just get a hybrid style IWB and kydex OWB? I have had good luck with RKBA concealment in the past and may have to see what he can do for me.
View Quote

You can relax the Bladtech with careful application of a hairdryer; or, I can make a you holster for the P238.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a Simply Rugged and it works good for me.  You can use it IWB or OWB.  It's all leather.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife has a P238 and I have a P938. From my experience, the two that I would recommend are the CrossBreed MiniTuck and the Remora.

I have four CrossBreed holsters and think that are very solid and very concealable. The Remora is a good option for the lightweight P238. They stay put in the wasteband and make a non-bulky option if she would like to put it in her purse.

Cheers, Robert.

<edit>The Remora holsters are also very affordable which is a plus.</edit>
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Galco tuck and go.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#6]
For my smaller pistols I really like Remora sticky holsters
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
My girlfriend uses a CTAC at her 4:00 and really likes it. The hardware isn't stainless though
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#8]
http://store.dmbullardleather.com/catalog/product/68a17c8badef44d19a8ccd3cb5ed2dd6

http://store.dmbullardleather.com/catalog/product/18e1a88b00f04f3cb23f296a758d7eab

http://store.dmbullardleather.com/catalog/product/c34b38a1d0124a86b27faf10664eb65c

I have these three and really love them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The comp tac 2oclock is gtg for me. Made for aiwb but works for strong side carry as well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:19:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out Alien Gear holsters.

They get excellent reviews and have an excellent warranty.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#11]
N82.Great IWB holster
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out Alien Gear holsters.

They get excellent reviews and have an excellent warranty.
View Quote

I bought the "combo" for this gun and it was a flaming pile of poo. I sent them back...wasted $18 for shipping... They were garbage.

I ended up getting a rkba leather holster that I like pretty well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top