Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2014 11:59:53 PM EDT
Just received mine for a G22 and I'm not sure what to think about the unlocking mechanism. Typical top quality from safariland.

Anyone use one?
It also rides lower than I'm used to.
I'm on a mission to outfit myself with a holster or two for each handgun and at $34/shipped, it bought I'd try out the new mechanism.
Discuss

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Brad, can you take a few pics of it?  I'm really interested in them as well.

Do you have any of the ALS holsters?  How does it compare as far as getting a gun out quick?  Does it lock the same way and just have a different release location?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brad, can you take a few pics of it?  I'm really interested in them as well.

Do you have any of the ALS holsters?  How does it compare as far as getting a gun out quick?  Does it lock the same way and just have a different release location?

Thanks
View Quote

just saw this for some reason. I don't have an ALS. I'll post some pics
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The Chief at the PD I work for got a GLS holster from a local uniform shop to try out. Keep in mind, I played with it for all of about 5 minutes. It wasn't on a belt, I was just holding it and playing with it.

I honestly don't know about this holster. I think I like it, but I'm not sure yet. The release paddle was really stiff and required very little movement to disengage. It took so little movement that I can see bumping it on the female part of a seat belt and unlocking the holster. The gun did click in very well when holstering and seemed pretty secure. I can't see carrying it as a CCW holster because of the size. Open carry, OK, but too big for CCW IMHO. If we still have it, I'm going to ask and see if I can take it out to actually shoot with it next time I go to the range. If I like it, I may get a paddle version for quick on, quick off for off duty use in the event I get called in, but I need to play with it first.

I will say that I initially didn't like the ALS system the first time I tried it, either. It has grown on me and when I buy a new holster for my new G19 duty gun, it's going to be an ALS holster, if I can find one. The GLS system may grow on me, too, but like I said, I need to play with it first.

Bub75
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the holster from work and have been playing with it. I'll start a new thread for my review.

Bub75
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quite fond of the one I have.  Review
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top