Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 12:49:48 PM EDT
I am looking for CCW options right now and really like non-traditional non-leather gunbelts. I currently use a nylon belt that is of course too weak to use for any kind of load bearing other than a radio at work.

Would the Wilderness Tactical instructor belt (with reinforced 5 stich option) be suitible for IWB? I really like the look, the price, and the low weight. They also look pretty good IMHO.
Whats the concensus? If it is too weak for CCW then I will find a traditional leather belt.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
"Weak" is never a word I would use to describe these belts.  They are a very solid platform.  I went to a 1/3/4 inch for IPSC and IDPA use with a variety of blade tech holsters, both conventional and IWB.  If they fit the loops on your IWB holster, there is no reason I can think of that it would not work.

Talk to the people at Blade Tech.  Tell them which holster you are using and the way it is going to be set up.  They are good people and very helpful.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I would skip the plastic stiffener. One of mine has the stiffener and doesn't work well with an IWB holster. It doesn't form to it very well.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a 1 1/2 Wilderness 5-stitch for IWB carry of a 5" 1911 almost daily.  Works great.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
You won't find a better belt than the Wilderness.

I have been wearing them everyday for six years now.

oh, btw, 5" 1911, two spare mags, SF 6P........EVERYDAY.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am looking for CCW options right now and really like non-traditional non-leather gunbelts. I currently use a nylon belt that is of course too weak to use for any kind of load bearing other than a radio at work.

Would the Wilderness Tactical instructor belt (with reinforced 5 stich option) be suitible for IWB? I really like the look, the price, and the low weight. They also look pretty good IMHO.
Whats the concensus? If it is too weak for CCW then I will find a traditional leather belt.  

I don't think you'll need the extra stich option, I carry a Glock 21 with the regular stich and it doesn't say at all, it is a good choice IMHO for a IWB CCW belt.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:20:14 AM EDT
[#7]
You can't go wrong with the Wilderness belt. I've got the 1 3/4 5-stitch that works great with BDU's and jeans. I'm so happy with it, I ordered another one in 1 1/2 5-stitch. Should be getting delivered today!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a "gun belt."  awesome when i am training or open-carrying.  But the belt is too wide for my IWB holster, which makes the buttons come lose, which makes for a very bad situation.  If you get one, they are GREAT belts and i love mine, just make sure the belt fits your holsters belt loops!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I use a Wilderness 1 3/4 5-Stitch belt with a Comp-Tac C-TAC IWB holster and a Glock 19 and that setup works perfect for me.  However, I am thinking of trying Blackhawks new CQC carbon fiber belt as it received a good review in the December issue of SWAT magazine.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been wearing these for four years or better with everything except dress clothes.  I feel they are the best belts you can get.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Use them with Bladetech IWB holsters all the time.

Me too. Mostly for a GLOCK19, but I have also used the same rig with a BHP.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was disappoined that my alessi IWB holster's clip would not fit over my wilderness, but the clip seems to be a real weak point on the alessi. I'm sorry to say.

I believe the clip is designed to go under the belt.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top