Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 4:06:02 PM EDT
title pretty much says it all i am looking for a holster for this gun that i can hide especially during winter. i am a more muscular guy and like to wear a little tighter shirts during summer. any recommendations and also not looking to break the bank also.
thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
smartcarry.com

I have had to trim mine a bit narrower than when it arrives from the factory.  That makes it much more comfortable.
It doesn't have to be carried at the Noon position either.  Spin it to 3:30-4:00 if you want.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you i will def read into those and maybe give it a try only thing that bothers me is it being near my "member". but thanks def for the suggestion.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
There's nothing to be afaid of in that regard... as long as you gun isn't defective, that is.

If you don't mind others seeing or accidentally touching your gun while carrying concealed, then there are plenty of popular IWB holsers to choose from.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:05:00 AM EDT
[#4]
My recommendation is to carry appendix IWB. It will allow you to wear tighter fitting shirts. The j frames are perfect for this carry due to their length and grip shape. Any straight drop IWB will work. Try an Uncle Mikes clip on IWB holster since they're cheap. High Noon mr. Softy is a good one too. I currently use a Don Hume straight drop IWB with offset snap on belt loops. AIWB is the only carry that will not print when bending over or reaching up. It's better suited to those who are fit or have very little belly in the way. If you really want to conceal, try Barami Hip Grips. They allow IWB carry without a holster. Just fine for heavy DAO revolvers. My j frame has been carried this way for over 4 years. It's great when just wearing workout shorts or don't feel like wearing a holster.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:30:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My recommendation is to carry appendix IWB. It will allow you to wear tighter fitting shirts. The j frames are perfect for this carry due to their length and grip shape. Any straight drop IWB will work. Try an Uncle Mikes clip on IWB holster since they're cheap. High Noon mr. Softy is a good one too. I currently use a Don Hume straight drop IWB with offset snap on belt loops. AIWB is the only carry that will not print when bending over or reaching up. It's better suited to those who are fit or have very little belly in the way. If you really want to conceal, try Barami Hip Grips. They allow IWB carry without a holster. Just fine for heavy DAO revolvers. My j frame has been carried this way for over 4 years. It's great when just wearing workout shorts or don't feel like wearing a holster.

Can you explain how an AIWB works when you need to tuck your shirt in and you absolutely can't have anyone tell that something is amiss?

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Galco horse hide IWB for my jframe it aint bad for a cheap holster

I never tuck in a shirt
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you explain how an AIWB works when you need to tuck your shirt in and you absolutely can't have anyone tell that something is amiss?

You can use a MTAC neutral that allows shirt tucking for most handguns or the Barami gripped j frame can be tucked around. I personally don't tuck in my shirts so it's never been an issue. The times I have had to wear a tucked in shirt, it was for work and I wore a belt holster and wasn't concerned about concealment (I'm a cop).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top