Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/21/2014 2:45:47 AM EDT
does anyone make an ambi safety that would mimic the safety on an AR? There are ambi safeties on the market that rotate the same direction (counter clockwise from safe to fire when looking at the right side of the rifle), but I haven't seen any that have the levers aligned in such a way as to match an AR. It seems like it would be an easy thing to do, and it would seem like it would make a lot of sense if you are used to running an AR, given the similar safety location.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone in the photo thread mentioned he had his safety adjusted the way you describe.
Personally, Iam not interested in safety that sticks into my triger finger..
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked through the whole picture thread, and couldn't find any mention of an aftermarket safety. Did I miss it or what?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Manticore,  being of Slovakian decent, I have always wanted a VZ58.  But the fact that it is just a hair left of both AR and AK manual of arms, I have never bought one.

If you solved this problem I would buy a VZ58 within 10 minutes of you releasing the product!

Please make this happen!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
After thinking about this some, this is a fairly simple thing to make on my own. I have the design, the biggest issue is how to build it with my limited access to machine tools. The main issue is how to attach the left side lever. I've seen how NEA does their ambi safety, but I'm trying to figure out a simpler method of attaching the lever that I could do myself without a mill.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top