Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2014 3:50:18 PM EDT
How are you guys removing the folder for a fixed stock on these? I almost gave myself a hernia trying to unscrew the stock. What's the secret?
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You could try putting some penetrating oil on the area and let it sit for a while. Or (if you screwdriver has a squared handle) try using a wrench for some added torque.

I don't know what Century (?) and Czechpoint use, but it can take quite a bit of effort to get it off. I'm guess some type of Loctite type stuff.

If you have a heat gun (or hair dryer) you could try heating up the area while turning the screw.

Use the tightest fitting screwdriver you have.

You may wanna whack things with hammer a few times along the way.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
some can be hard, some can be easy. Mine took a few raps of a hammer with a flat head and moved fairly easily.

The other one i worked on required a heat gun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I modded a drag link socket to fit the slot perfectly.  Use it with a 3/8" drive ratchet to get plenty of leverage.  Just google "drag link socket", and you will see what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I modded a drag link socket to fit the slot perfectly.  Use it with a 3/8" drive ratchet to get plenty of leverage.  Just google "drag link socket", and you will see what I mean.
View Quote

Pretty much what I ended up doing. I clamped the rifle to a bench and used a 3/8" drive screwdriver socket with a 1/2" drive ratchet. The socket I had was a perfect fit for the slot width. It took exactly 1 crank to get the bolt to pop.

My socket was from this set. Cheap and functional always makes me happy.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pretty much what I ended up doing. I clamped the rifle to a bench and used a 3/8" drive screwdriver socket with a 1/2" drive ratchet. The socket I had was a perfect fit for the slot width. It took exactly 1 crank to get the bolt to pop.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea! I might just have to try this. My first vz I was able to remove using all the advise above, the second one was so difficult I gave up on it after chewing the bolt up a bit.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top