Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2012 11:32:48 AM EDT
Im in the market, and Im looking at a Vz58 but I want one in 5.56. Is the cheapest way to buy parts and build it like an AR, or wait it out for czechpoint to build more?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know Czechpoint is the only way to get a 5.56 VZ
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Im thinking of doing a build, and putting one together as I get the money. Anywhere I can buy just the barrel?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Im thinking of doing a build, and putting one together as I get the money. Anywhere I can buy just the barrel?

Well, you would need a 5.56 barrel, bolt, and other specific components. I think Czech Small Arms is the only manufacturer and czechpoint is their importer
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I really want one, but $1200 for the tactical version is a bit much.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's part of the cost of having a somewhat niche rifle though. But I certainly wouldn't get the tactical. I don't want either the plastic fab handguards and despise M4 stocks on anything that isn't in the AR15 series.

It only saves you 140, but that'll get you a good ways to Bonesteel handguards and a Ace folding stock.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's part of the cost of having a somewhat niche rifle though. But I certainly wouldn't get the tactical. I don't want either the plastic fab handguards and despise M4 stocks on anything that isn't in the AR15 series.

It only saves you 140, but that'll get you a good ways to Bonesteel handguards and a Ace folding stock.

I saw a handgun version of the Vz58 for under 600 from CSA. Was thinking of popping in a 5.56 barrel and putting a stock on it, and calling it a day and have the extra barrel and save the money.
Any idea if/when the 5.56 Vz's will come down in price? Or when they'll even be in stock for that matter.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw a handgun version of the Vz58 for under 600 from CSA. Was thinking of popping in a 5.56 barrel and putting a stock on it, and calling it a day and have the extra barrel and save the money.
Any idea if/when the 5.56 Vz's will come down in price? Or when they'll even be in stock for that matter.

Well if you get a pistol version and put a stock on it, you will have to give Uncle Sam $200 for the privilege as that would make it an SBR. The ONLY people making 5.56 barrels for the VZ58 are Czech Small Arms, and the ONLY way you can get a 5.56 barrel is on a rifle (or maybe as a repair). They are also the ONLY way to get a 5.56 bolt.

I just don't think building a 5.56 can be done for the price you are talking. Czechpoint and CSA are the only game in town unless you want to do some extreme machining and customizing.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top