Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2015 11:12:32 PM EDT
I've got an M92 pistol with an SB47 that I want to convert to an SBR.
I'm not asking if it needs to be 922r compliant, (I'm just going to do it anyway and avoid any potential issues), I'm curious what parts or number of parts need to be replaced to be 922r compliant?

It already has a Tapco G2 trigger, and trigger plate, (shepard's crook replacement), CNC Warrior muzzle brake/booster, and Manticore Arms Renegade forearm.
If I use a Manticore triangle stock that puts me at 7 US made parts, how many more US made parts will I need ,(if any), in order to be 922r compliant?
Does a Storm Werkes hinge for the stock count towards 922r, or is it considered part of the stock?

Thanks in advance guys...
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#1]
The rifle will have 16 of the 20 listed 922 parts. So you will need six US parts. The stock will give you six parts: G2(3), muzzle device(1), handguard(1), and stock(1). The plate and the hinge are not accepted compliance parts.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information....
Trigger pin retaining plate doesnt count towards 922r?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No. Here are the 20 parts listed under 922(r):
(1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
(2) Barrels
(3) Barrel extensions
(4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
(5) Muzzle attachments
(6) Bolts
(7) Bolt carriers
(8) Operating rods
(9) Gas pistons
(10) Trigger housings
(11) Triggers
(12) Hammers
(13) Sears
(14) Disconnectors
(15) Butt stocks
(16) Pistol grips
(17) Forearms, hand guards
(18) Magazine bodies
(19) Followers
(20) Floorplates

Numbers 3, 8, 10, and 13 do not apply to the M92. The plate is not considered a trigger housing. An example of that is the lower receiver on an HK.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The rifle will have 16 of the 20 listed 922 parts. So you will need six US parts. The stock will give you six parts: G2(3), muzzle device(1), handguard(1), and stock(1). The plate and the hinge are not accepted compliance parts.

View Quote

I think I misunderstood what you were saying in this post...(Late last night when I read it):

You're stating the gun comes with 16 out of 20 listed 922r parts from the factory.
I will need 6 parts to come into compliance with 922r in converting it to an SBR.
Adding a US made stock brings up to 6 US made parts based what I've already done to the gun, (G2 trigger, muzzle device, hand guard)?

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think I misunderstood what you were saying in this post...(Late last night when I read it):

You're stating the gun comes with 16 out of 20 listed 922r parts from the factory.
I will need 6 parts to come into compliance with 922r in converting it to an SBR.
Adding a US made stock brings up to 6 US made parts based what I've already done to the gun, (G2 trigger, muzzle device, hand guard)?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. An AK in rifle configuration has 16 of the 20 applicable 922 parts. You will need six US made compliance parts to get it to the required 10 or fewer foreign parts.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for clarifying!
I originally understood your post to mean that I needed more US made parts ,(in addition to what I already have plus the stock), in order to become 922r compliant for an SBR.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I originally understood your post to mean that I needed more US made parts ,(in addition to what I already have plus the stock), in order to become 922r compliant for an SBR.

View Quote

No problem. Sorry for the confusion.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate it...

Off topic,
Is TV Casualty under your username a reference to the Misfits song?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:03:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I appreciate it...

Off topic,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate it...

Off topic,

Just revisited this thread... Yes, that's the reference.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got a PAP 85NP (5.56mm, uses AR mags).  I added a CNC Warrior Bulgie brake and a Magpul grip.  When I add the CNC Warrior buttstock, I'll be gold since the gun only uses AR mags and that counts for 3 more parts.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#11]
The G2 trigger is worth the $30 something to install since it smooths up the trigger pull nicely.......IME.

Clockwork....Love the Misfits.

Thanks again for all of the information.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top