Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 8:06:40 PM EDT
I've done everything but drill the rear trunnion, engrave, and touch up the blueing.  Waiting on my stamp.

Click for full resolution

Tapco Trigger, hammer, and sear.  I installed it dry, boosted 10 times, dry fired 100 times, boosted 10 times, dry fired 200, and then lubed.  Trigger pull is about 4lb even with virtually no creep.  Would make a descent AR trigger but is a great AK trigger.

CNC Warrior 4-peice Bulgarian style booster/FS.  Manticore Stock with Stormwerkz left side folding hinge.  The build as I wanted it took me within 1 part of 922r compliance (I know that is a controversial question for NFA weapons as well as weapons made form an existing weapon) and I did not feel attached to the Yugoslavian plastic pistol grip so I threw on a Magpul and made it 922r complaint whether it needs it or not.

Click for full resolution

The wood is 4 coats of linseed oil.  The first 3 are thick and sanded down to the wood with 0000 steel wool except I did not sand the 3rd coat on the inside but left it thick.  The 4th coat on the outside only was very thin (wiped off with a microfiber cloth that had some linseed oil on it--but not too much).  It took a little experimentation to find just the right amount of oil on the cloth to give a thin layer that would dry to a slight gloss but not be glossy.  I am happy with the results.   What looks like a blemish on in the second picture is actually  the sun's reflection.  It's a bright clear day in AZ and the little amount of reflected glare from the sun shows how limited the gloss is.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That's got all the right stuff.  Nice job on the wood!

Keep us posted.  I've got a brace now, but that stock and hinge make lots of sense.  Too bad they can't come that way.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree nice job on that wood - the grain looks NICE!

Its going to look great whe you get it complete.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top