Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 4:01:27 PM EDT
Will a normal AK side mount plate fit a PAP M92? I would like to mount a red dot over the dust cover but not ON the dust cover...
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I guess my question was so stupid it didn't deserve a response. I realize that the M92 is just another AK variant but the reason for my question is that I know it has some differences with respect to the dust cover and I believe the trunion as well so just wanted to be sure the typical side plate would be good to go.

I am looking for the best option to mount a red dot and it seems the dust covers are just not sturdy enough to do the job well. Of course, the location of the rear sight present problems for side mounted red dots as well so I'm not sure what the best option is. I may just roll with iron sights and call it a day...
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the manticore renegade forend set. I love mine, and also posted a review around here somewhere...
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be able to mount a variety of side mounts, but likely not use rivets as originally designed.  The typical com block mount has a rivet pattern that matches some of the Euro guns, but not Yugo.  You could use butten head screws (instead of rivets) on the mount and nuts on the inside of the receiver for purchase.  You align your mount carefully checking your real estate and alignment.  Mark your holes, drill holes and put screw through, and nuts on inside of receiver.  I did that on a rifle and it worked fine, however it is a modification you will have to live with (drilling holes in your receiver).

Many Russian style scopes won't have enough clearance for a M92 with the sights, so I would think its not worth the effort.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top