Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2014 5:30:46 PM EDT

I was going to pay the tax and SRB a PAP, but with the current climate of unilateral executive action I am think maybe a SB47 brace may be a better option.  

How durable is the brace will it hold up to moderately hard use?
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I was going to pay the tax and SRB a PAP, but with the current climate of unilateral executive action I am think maybe a SB47 brace may be a better option.  

How durable is the brace will it hold up to moderately hard use?
View Quote

I just got one for a father's day present, and haven't used it yet, but it seems very durable. It's rock solid, and the rubber seems really tough.

I was going to SBR my PAP, but now don't see the need. They don't look great, but they are very comfortable.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Highly recommend SB47, you won't be disappointed, very solid.  I am very please with it

Got one (SB15) on my AR pistol also and been very happy with it

Link Posted: 6/14/2014 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
SB15 and the SB 47 are very durable. About as durable as making a stock out of an 8 ply nylon belt  tire.  Your face will wear out long before your SB47 does.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I was skeptical of its durability as well but it is in fact quite solid. Finally got to handle one last night at my buddy's and I'm sold. Mine is scheduled to arrive Wednesday from JG, can't wait!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Highly recommend SB47, you won't be disappointed, very solid.  I am very please with it

https://vmcajg.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2p_oycT5XEZYk1QtmfdQ9Oz_CPgdECG3So1gofFSp-h6qArb-V_DXJzBv-M-0XPrcaZktxFdalWjs4G2-txVwtFzWNf5KDTrwPKmC3FlxrLSQ/MyAKM92_C.JPG?psid=1

View Quote

Where did you get that hand guard? Thats the best looking set up Ive seen.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://vmcajg.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2p_oycT5XEZYk1QtmfdQ9Oz_CPgdECG3So1gofFSp-h6qArb-V_DXJzBv-M-0XPrcaZktxFdalWjs4G2-txVwtFzWNf5KDTrwPKmC3FlxrLSQ/MyAKM92_C.JPG?psid=1

Thanks, it's by MFT, I just removed rails from both sides since I am not planning on attaching anything to them and they don't feel comfortable grabbing on to it with picatinny rails.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Love mine. Works as promised. Just so you know, I wouldn't be using the arm brace to knock down doors or to butt-stroke someone.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Is your pistol a Draco or PAP M92...I'm guessing it's Draco, since the M92/85 use different handguards.

Quoted:
Thanks, it's by MFT, I just removed rails from both sides since I am not planning on attaching anything to them and they don't feel comfortable grabbing on to it with picatinny rails.

http://www.missionfirsttactical.com/core/media/media.nl?id=6695&c=690969&h=a1ddf48472cf882f649e&resizeid=-2&resizeh=250&resizew=250

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.missionfirsttactical.com/core/media/media.nl?id=6695&c=690969&h=a1ddf48472cf882f649e&resizeid=-2&resizeh=250&resizew=250

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Is your pistol a Draco or PAP M92...I'm guessing it's Draco, since the M92/85 use different handguards.

View Quote
It's Yugo M92 PAP....

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:06:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's Yugo M92 PAP....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
ur pistol a Draco or PAP M92...I'm guessing it's Draco, since the M92/85 use different handguards.

It's Yugo M92 PAP....  

Looks like an AK Builder muzzle brake on there as well?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:06:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

ur pistol a Draco or PAP M92...I'm guessing it's Draco, since the M92/85 use different handguards.

It's Yugo M92 PAP....  

You are correct, it's a slotted brake.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Yugo M92 PAP....  

You are correct, it's a slotted brake.   http://ak-builder.com/images/thumbnails/3/120/m92_pap_slotted_brake_2.jpg

Thought so. My buddy is a machinist there and while I didn't realize it at the time, I was actually the guinea pig/beta tester for those brakes. They work great to control muzzle rise but man, are they ever loud as hell! Notice how mine is discolored-- that's because it was the first one made and given to me in the white, so I just hit it with some cold bluing. Anyway, my SB47 was on the porch when I woke up this morning, it is now installed, and I can't wait to go and shoot this baby!

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thought so. My buddy is a machinist there and while I didn't realize it at the time, I was actually the guinea pig/beta tester for those brakes. They work great to control muzzle rise but man, are they ever loud as hell! Notice how mine is discolored-- that's because it was the first one made and given to me in the white, so I just hit it with some cold bluing. Anyway, my SB47 was on the porch when I woke up this morning, it is now installed, and I can't wait to go and shoot this baby!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/KOOLmike/20140618_123626_zpsxbayldlf.jpg

View Quote
You are going to enjoy your PAP much better with SB47 on......without it M92 is just a crazy/fun pistol but now it's crazy/fun/dangerous pistol.  

I saw few other outfits make similar brakes and they want way too much money for their's and when I saw one from AK Builder I jump on it.  Haven't fired my M92 yet but will as soon as I have a chance to do so....want to test out Sightmark optics on it
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top