Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2012 9:22:15 AM EDT
I picked up my M92 PAP this morning and noticed that the front sight post (not the folded) is set far to the left.  However, when l looked from the muzzle end, I noticed that the "factory" inscribed a line on the front sight.  Do you know if these pistols are test fired or sighted in at the factory?  
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I used a laser boresighter.  The front post seems to line up with the rear sight.  I guess they are factory sighted in.   I'll take it to a range and see how it shoots.  Since it's a pistol, the accuracy might not be so important.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Wouldn't that be "far to the right"? (Shooter's point of view)

Mine has a scribe mark on both the windage adjustable part and the sight base. (I don't see a scribe on your base.) The mark on my adjustable part is now a mm or two to the left of the scribe on the sight base, but the sight post lines up with the scribe on the sight base. My post looks centered to me.

I did adjust windage at the range and just now noticed that the post aligns with the scribe on the base. The POI was way left of POA when I first got it. So I'm not so sure about factory sighting.

Hard to imagine yours is sighted in like that unless something else is a little skewed.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, the picture is inverted due to photo editing. . I think you are correct.  I don't think its sighted in at the factory.   There is a line on the base.  I'll line up the post with the base line. Then I'll shoot it to verify. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I bet your cant is on the rear sight assembly that is spot welded to the top cover.
Mine is ever so slightly off as well.

Mine has similar issues but after owning many variants AK cant doesn't bother me.

All I know is I own a Krink now that I paid less than $600 for... WITH a factory barrel on a factory receiver....

Watch the language, this is a Tech Forum.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bet your cant is on the rear sight assembly that is spot welded to the top cover.
Mine is ever so slightly off as well.

Mine has similar issues but after owning many variants AK cant doesn't bother me.

All I know is I own a Krink now that I paid less than $600 for... WITH a factory barrel on a factory receiver....

Watch the language, this is a Tech Forum.

yep, the I put a level on the front sight, it seems okay.  However, the rear sight is canted to the right.  Oh well.    Have you shot yours yet?  If so, did it affect the accuracy?  I have not had the chance to go to the range.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
How do I adjust my front sight? My poi was very far left at 25 yards had to hold far right to compensate.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How do I adjust my front sight? My poi was very far left at 25 yards had to hold far right to compensate.

You buy a tool to adjust it, but I never like that fact that now the sight post it so close to one of the protective ear such that it bugs me every time I try to aim.  It slows me down, so I fix it the right way, I posted my fix above.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine was dead on out of the box. Hit a bowling pin at about 80 yards on my second shot using just open sights. Guess I got a good one.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top