Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2012 1:24:17 PM EDT
Is the Draco barrel basically a cut down AK barrel? If so, what barrel could I use if my barrel is bad in it?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The gas port is set further back than on an AKM barrel. Other than that it's pretty much the same. Why do you think your barrel is bad?
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Well when I take my draco out, I usually do a few 75 rd drum mag dumps and I think it took a toll on the barrel. It's very shiny, but lacking in the rifling department.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Dracos have chrome lined bore and chambers. It should last the avid sport shooter a lifetime.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm I just dunno about that rifling though. It isn't key holing but it sure does look small.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well when I take my draco out, I usually do a few 75 rd drum mag dumps and I think it took a toll on the barrel. It's very shiny, but lacking in the rifling department.

Quoted:
Hmmmm I just dunno about that rifling though. It isn't key holing but it sure does look small.

These are built from fully automatic guns that were cut up and built on a new receiver, so I doubt that your "mag dumps" did any more damage than the automatic fire that the weapon did prior. If it starts key-holing then you can look at other options (won't happen in your lifetime, I'm sure), otherwise don't waste your money on a non-issue.
Link Posted: 8/20/2012 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds good to me, thanks for the input :)
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#7]
It is an AIMR barrel fwiw.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top