Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/15/2010 12:40:10 AM EDT
I want to put a MagPul Moe Stock on my new draco and need a stock adapter for after sbr'ing it, Vltor seems to be the best and the most expensive, convince me to get it or something else.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Assuming you mean this:

........it won't work on a Draco.  They have different rear trunnions than a normal stamped AK, being that they are pistols.

The easiest way to attach a MOE to a Draco would be this one, from ACE:

......or one of these, if you don't want a folder:

Here's some pics of the first adapter I linked to:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=98&t=129664
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'am aware the I would need the trunnion changed, my biggest concern is the durability of the adapter.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'am aware the I would need the trunnion changed, my biggest concern is the durability of the adapter.

Thanks.

Oh, ok.  Well in that case.......I've heard nothing but rave reviews about it on the Saiga forums.  If it holds up to 12ga recoil, I'd imagine it would have no problem dealing with 7.62x39.  VLTOR is top notch anyway.  I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

That's my $.02, anyway.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Pardon my ignorance and the slight hijack, but will the ace adapter work on a Yugo M92 underfolder rear trunion? I'll be building an M92 very soon and I HATE underfolders. I absolutely LOVE the look of that SBR Draco and would like to do something similar on my M92 but without the rail.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pardon my ignorance and the slight hijack, but will the ace adapter work on a Yugo M92 underfolder rear trunion? I'll be building an M92 very soon and I HATE underfolders. I absolutely LOVE the look of that SBR Draco and would like to do something similar on my M92 but without the rail.

Don't quote me on this.........but I've heard that underfolder rear trunnions are similar to Draco pistol rear trunnions.  (If my Google-fu is correct, they do indeed look very similar) If that's the case, then I'd assume it would work fine.  In the picture above, the guy drilled/tapped directly into the rear trunnion to mount that ACE adapter hinge.

I can't give you a 100% yes or no, though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Some Draco rear trunnions are and some are not. You have to inspect to know. Don't assume. Mine isn't.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a Vltor like one that has no QD sling points and will allow the buttstock to close all the way to the receiver.

Thanks.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top