Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 2:08:54 PM EDT
I decided to get slant brake for my Draco pistol.  J-tac and FSC is too expensive  for now.  How is is Tapco slant compare to the imported one?  are there any different?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my Draco and it's no different than imported ones I have owned.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes- they are good to go.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I found the slant brake to be useless on the Draco.  I compared it to the Bulgy 4-Piece FH, AIMR FH, Muzzle Nut and FSC47.   If you are looking for a cheap muzzle brake then pick up a surplus AMD-65 brake.  They can be found at the major online retailers like Copes Distributing and APEX Gun Parts for $10-$15 + shipping.  They are great at reducing recoil but do nothing for flash.  They are a best buy IMHO.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I found the slant brake to be useless on the Draco.  I compared it to the Bulgy 4-Piece FH, AIMR FH, Muzzle Nut and FSC47.   If you are looking for a cheap muzzle brake then pick up a surplus AMD-65 brake.  They can be found at the major online retailers like Copes Distributing and APEX Gun Parts for $10-$15 + shipping.  They are great at reducing recoil but do nothing for flash.  They are a best buy IMHO.

I did not find any noticeable difference between a muzzle nut and a slant break on my Draco and prefer a muzzle nut. However, if you are going to use the slant the tapco is just as good as any other...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not find any noticeable difference between a muzzle nut and a slant break on my Draco and prefer a muzzle nut. However, if you are going to use the slant the tapco is just as good as any other...

Agreed.

I thought the muzzle nut was useless for anything but protecting the muzzle threads.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I thought the muzzle nut was useless for anything but protecting the muzzle threads.

Isnt it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Isnt it?

Yes. That is all the muzzle nut is for is to protect the threads.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Why is the slant brake canted at either 11 or 1 o clock ?  I dont care I just thought it was weird when I got it.

Thx

also i prefer the slant to the nut, much less muzzle flip
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why is the slant brake canted at either 11 or 1 o clock ?  I dont care I just thought it was weird when I got it.

Thx

also i prefer the slant to the nut, much less muzzle flip

1 facing muzzle or 11 looking down it is proper / 11 facing, 1 wielding is not - that is because the action and rifling cause the gun to want to climb up and to shooter's  right- particularly when FA. The slant break is designed to counter-act that tendency by pushing the muzzle down and left.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top