Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2011 6:57:48 PM EDT
Got a nice Belarus w/pictinnay rails with my PSL the other day + the original PSO scope. Swapped out the mount for the PSO scope. I wanna put the Belarus mount to good use so i'm gonna stick it on my AES-10B. What's a good optic? I'm not looking for a 8x power hunting scope or anything like that. I was maybe thinking a red dot? or a low power scope? Suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
How much are you looking to spend?
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I''d be more comfortable at 150, but I can go 200.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 2:36:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used a variety of optics on my M72 RPK.  A PK-23 red dot, a SPOT red dot, a 1-4x Nikon Monarch scope, and currently a 4x24 POSP.  All worked well.

Probably need to figure out if you want magnification or not.  So many options out there.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:00:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Well right now I'm leaning towards a red dot. My eyesight is pretty bad, even with glasses on, and my eyes get easily strained during shooting session with a scope or iron sights + I'm more into bump-firing this gun then it being a precision shooter I'd love to get a Russian made red dot like that PK-23.. but most of them fall out of my price range.
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'd love to get a Russian made red dot like that PK-23.. but most of them fall out of my price range.

You said you'd be willing to go up to $200 so.....PK-23

It'll go over $200 with shipping but not by a huge amount.

There is also the Vortex SPARC and Strikefire to consider and the line of budget red dots from Primary Arms as well (they're inexpensive but have a very good rep).

Link Posted: 8/16/2011 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I was actually considering PA arms before I asked, but wasn't sure based on the price They look solid, though!

I really like the PK-23. Can you tell me exactly what a collimating aiming reticle is, though?

And, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 2:41:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I really like the PK-23. Can you tell me exactly what a collimating aiming reticle is, though?

Fancy term for a red dot sight.

Nice feature of the PK-23 is the flickering/blinking dot.  It flickers at a high rate of speed and your eye is naturally drawn to it, making it very fast to acquire and get on target.  I nice feature.  I really like the PK-23 overall.

I recently picked up a PA M3 clone for an AR and like it, although I have not owned it long enough to comment on it's durability.
Link Posted: 8/17/2011 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice feature of the PK-23 is the flickering/blinking dot.  It flickers at a high rate of speed and your eye is naturally drawn to it, making it very fast to acquire and get on target.  I nice feature.  I really like the PK-23 overall.

That is pretty handy! Thanks for the help, again. I think I know what I'm going for
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey, Chris, do you bumpfire your RPK while prone off its bipod.

Saw a feller do this at YouTube - pretty kool trick if you can pull it off.
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#10]
my range doesn't allow bump-firing. I can do a three round burst, and that's about it. My friend has some open land we shoot on occasionally, and i've bump-fired it there. It's a beast to shoot, especially when all the rounds make a huge dust storm
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]
just received also belarus mounts one for my rpk and psl, mounted the vortex sparc red dot from my other rifle to try out

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
just received also belarus mounts one for my rpk and psl, mounted the vortex sparc red dot from my other rifle to try out

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/kadiindo/033-3.jpg

That's awesome! Is that a magnifier? I'm not too familiar with the Vortex family of optics, but I hear only good things.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 1:30:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome! Is that a magnifier? I'm not too familiar with the Vortex family of optics, but I hear only good things.

thanks man, yes its a 2x magnifier.  for the price its a really solid optic
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What lower HG is on that totally awesome rifle?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What lower HG is on that totally awesome rifle?

thanks man, the HG is from CAA, take note that its originally designed for the standark akm style riles not for the RPK, thats why i had to modify to fit, the rpk lower HG retainer is larger compared to your standard akm retainer, allot of elbow grease/patience is needed to fit.  and also the inside of the HG due to the larger barrel of the RPK

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top