Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2005 9:01:19 AM EDT
Is there any word on a correct tantal receiver coming out (i.e. selector positioning.)?  I'll hold off on my build if this is a real distinct possibility.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard rumblings and that is it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Makes ya wonder: how many Tantal kits made it into the country and will get in before the barrel ban closes the door?  I ask in order to get some sensing as to whether it would make economic sense for anyone to gin up production of an quality Tantal receiver.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The silence is deafening.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Makes ya wonder: how many Tantal kits made it into the country and will get in before the barrel ban closes the door?  I ask in order to get some sensing as to whether it would make economic sense for anyone to gin up production of an quality Tantal receiver.

Lots more Tantal kits will make it in the door, the ATF just gave an extension until January 1st 2006.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lots more Tantal kits will make it in the door, the ATF just gave an extension until January 1st 2006.

Ben

==============

Holy smokes!!!  This is confirmed?  If so -- great news (well, sorta great) and I can see more impetus to produce Tantal receivers with more kits in country. Thanks.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, i just bought a Polish Tental 5.45  kit - should i return it?  Is there anything i can do?

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow, i just bought a Polish Tental 5.45  kit - should i return it?  Is there anything i can do?

There is more Tantal build info on gunco.net than on ARFCOM, it seems.  People over there have posted pics of completed builds and how they did it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Barrelburner, i went to gunco.. spoke with many of the dudez over there.. Jimmy at global trades was extremely helpful..

Becuase its unusual in that its got a seperate safety selector from the burst / semi / auto selector you need a new receiver.  You can use a standard ak74, but you need lower holes.  you also need to disconnect  and disable the selecfire switch and make it a dummy.  

i plan on using the stock polish tantal oddball triger (fire control group).  I'll let you guys know how it goes!  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Barrelburner, i went to gunco.. spoke with many of the dudez over there.. Jimmy at global trades was extremely helpful..

Becuase its unusual in that its got a seperate safety selector from the burst / semi / auto selector you need a new receiver.  You can use a standard ak74, but you need lower holes.  you also need to disconnect  and disable the selecfire switch and make it a dummy.  

i plan on using the stock polish tantal oddball triger (fire control group).  I'll let you guys know how it goes!  

=============
Okay, I give.  I'll give Jimmy a call and see if he's interested in Tantal receivers.  I mean, I'm sitting here like a vulture waiting for someone to say here it is......
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:35:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a 1mm GT receiver without the rear selector hole machined.  cost an xtra $10.  I should have it this week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Coldsteel has them now, the real thing not just an adaptation.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:17:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

=========
What?  Details, please!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Me Too... Link or any other details?

I was ready to build mine on a home rolled flat using an AKM selector...

EDIT:  Was not easy to figure out but i believe this is the ColdSteel website:

www.coldsteelsolutionsincorporated.com

I e-mailed asking for more information about any Tantial receivers and I will update with what I get as a reply...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#14]
It was not easy to find but lookie here:

www.coldsteelsolutionsincorporated.com/css,_inc_003.htm

Tantal Receiver Blank (NEW ITEM) $37.00 on .040 (only sold in this thickness) Picture coming soon **Please note all rails and shepherd hooks are sold separately and are not included in your blank purchase.

I didn't realize that these are prebent receivers with templates (as opposed to flats) but I am still going to try at least one of these on my Tantial kit.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top