Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2005 2:53:25 PM EDT
Check out this thread before giveing them you money. i still havent been able to get any response from them.
Tantal rip off kits
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one im a new member kit was ok bore was good only problem was lower handguard was cracked in 2 peices.I called them and they said they would send me another ..But I havent gotten it yet so I'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
well military gunsupply made good sent me a new lower handguard today..yeah me..
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered a "hand picked" kit today from them we will see how it comes in.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got mine from mgs and its in great shape, it shiped fast too. I would not worry about ordering from them again! I'm a very happy camper!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#5]
TURRICAN,

I understand that your upset but:
- they offered to replace the kit for you. (you had already built it and turned them down)
- the Ahole that was answering the phone has been given some PR training as they are considerate and helpful now when customers call.
- A number of people I know have received kits since and they have been happy with them.

Please.  Take the credit that you righteously deserve for forcing them to get their act together but for now - just let it be.

I got four kits from them (three on the group buy and one in person)  They all had some questionable wood but I paid for B grades and expected it somewhat.  Since then, I have bought replacement wood and now have what I would consider "A" kits.  Close enough for great builds.  And my total cost for the kits is still less than AA is selling "A"s for.

The Ahole on the phone is what got me ticked off - no reason for his attitude and all I wanted was some answers.  Considering the sudden attitude change from the people answering the phones at MGS after your thread hit, I can only imagine the conversation that took place.  Something along the line of "do you like your job"?  I definitely think you caused him to get a new attitude!

Peace, and may God bless.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I've received the kit that wasn't very good looking (1 out of 4kits he sent me).
Dean was very good guy to talk and he promptly sent me the replacement back.
Very nice guy to talk to and I'll buy some more from him.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one Monday of last week.  I spoke to a girl who I'm guessing was new.  I asked if they were selling different grades (they weren't) and confirmed that they came with two mags (they do).  She had to ask someone else about both questions.  I'm not complaining mind you, she was completely polite.  My kit should be here early this week, hopefully tomorrow.  I'll post pics.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:33:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a comment to TURRICAN but after I posted I had seen that this was an older post and not something he had just posted...

This is a pretty rough deal and it is too bad that it wasn't addressed before the buid was started but it's too late now...  I have a Yugo M92 kit I got from MGS and it is mint... but I also bought three PMKMS kits and because of this event I bought elsewhere...

It's just too bad that MGS had a kit get out that shouldn't have... that they had a monkey answering the phones without thought of what is flying out of their mouth... and it is too bad that this kit just didn't get returned when it wasn't what it should have been...

Personally, I think MGS should refund the figfference between the Grade 1 to a Grade 2 (as that is about what was delivered) and this whole clusterf$k should be allowed to die...

Oh well, this is essentially what I had here before I edited it to the smilie...  It's a sucky position for everybody and MGS is a site supporter and frankly my M92 kit is one of the best kits I have ever seen and it was packed and shipped very quick...  Still, I have delt with TURRICAN in the past and he is also a great guy so nobody won here...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I see.  I thought you were raising an eyebrow at my post, didn't know why.
Wife says my kit arrived this morning.  I'll be tearing into it when I get home.
Do you mind if I copy your bayonet trade idea over to the Romanian forum, with proper credits of course?  I don't know if there are enough Romy bayos out there to do it, but thought I might try.
Jim
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#12]
No credits needed... in fact there are similar threads over at Guns-N-Nuts as well...  I will have to look but I think i have a Romanian Bayonet at home somewhere so I will post the serial number in your thread (If I ever find the knife)...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#13]
one kit i got from MGS had
rusted on brake could not get it off
gas tude full of rust
broken  handguard
no finish at all (not a problem with me but the other parts were)
called them and they said those are the best kits they have left sent it back
I'll stick with DPH arms
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I've seen enough of these posts that I WILL NEVER buy from MGS - PERIOD!  As a matter of fact my buddies won't be buying from them either.  These kits are just god awful.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Guys,

How many places are still selling Tantal kits, and where can the best ones be found?  Thanks.

Ted
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd buy one from them if I could inspect it first.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Are there any vendors, other than Centerfire, that are currently selling Tantal kits?  Thanks.

Ted
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Are there any vendors, other than Centerfire, that are currently selling Tantal kits?  Thanks.

Ted

Did you check the EE.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#19]
The "EE"?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The "EE"?

The Equipment Exchange, here on ARFCOM.

Click the tab at the top of the page.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks.

Ted
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:54:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Check with Global Trades, the two kits that I got from them are very nice.

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top