Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/13/2005 5:50:11 AM EDT
I have an underfolder kit inbound and would like opinions on which receivers would be best for my build. I am a complete newbie on AK's.

Thanks,
Bob
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I think most of us are buying the Armory USA receivers from Global Trades in Texas. They have the best reputation for being right dimensionally, they don't have the holes precut(and therefore not in the wrong place), but best of all they're heat-treated. But you need to tell us what kind of kit you got-- 7.62 or 5.45, Yugo, Bulgarian, Polish? Because all the factors affect which version you need--
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 3:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think most of us are buying the Armory USA receivers from Global Trades in Texas. They have the best reputation for being right dimensionally, they don't have the holes precut(and therefore not in the wrong place), but best of all they're heat-treated. But you need to tell us what kind of kit you got-- 7.62 or 5.45, Yugo, Bulgarian, Polish? Because all the factors affect which version you need--

It is a Grade 1 Polish underfolder in 7.62 from Akron Armory. According to an email I received yesterday, it should be here today.

Thanks,
Bob
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 6:18:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Then what you need is a type-two, one millimeter thick in 7.62 caliber. Isn't that easy? They let me order my lowers and prepay, and then contact my FFL guy to have him send a copy of his license to them. Easy as pie. Just slide in the trunnions fore and aft to make sure it isn't warped before you start cutting the holes-- they're a lot better at weeding out the bad ones, but once in a while one slips through. There are a lot of other threads here about these lowers-- you should read them. Have f8un-- I sure am!

www.globaltrades.com/new16mmreceivers.html
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Then what you need is a type-two, one millimeter thick in 7.62 caliber. Isn't that easy?

I came looking for a suggestion for the exact same kit.  

What exactly are the cuts that need to be made to it though?  Is it specifically because it's an underfolder?
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#5]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=73092

--Take a look through the Build-It-Yourself forum (don't forget the back pages!) and you'll learn all you need to know. There are a couple good posts in the Polish section, too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I need to do some searching but I have built two AKs on OOW receivers in the past and they worked fine other then the selector hole in the wrong location so I got a little gap...  Are these the receivers that are not supposed to have this issue?

I want to do up my PMKMS and Yugo M-92 as nice as possible so I am loooking at all my receiver options...  I do have one or two more OOW receivers waiting to be built but if there is a better option I am all ears!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I am building one also, the same kit and supplyer as you Bob, if the holes need to be drilled where do you get a template to do the drilling?

This will be my first AK build and I am full of questions.  I have read a good share of the posts on the subject but still have a few grey areas....

I am leaning towards the Green light right now...

Be sure to post you findings ....

Thanks, "G".  

Edit**

I just figgured it out.......der
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Which flats are best?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Which flats are best?

Ak-builder has the underfolder and sideolder flats without front trunion holes.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been looking at that one
I was just wondering about the quality of steel accuracy
of cuts etc. etc.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top