Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/4/2012 1:34:14 PM EDT
My friend bought one over the weekend at a gun show and fired it the next day to check for function.  The function test went fine and there were no problems with FTF, FTE, etc.

When he got home to clean it he noticed that the rails on the inside of the receiver we bent up a small amount on both sides toward the rear trunion.  I have never seen or heard of anything like this, but know that each AK from different countries have their own unique quirks.

If anyone has one could you please check to see if your rails are the same way?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#1]
My gun, I built myself, and on one side my riveting tool bent the rail just a bit. So long as it doesn't affect the function, I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My gun, I built myself, and on one side my riveting tool bent the rail just a bit. So long as it doesn't affect the function, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the info!  We were thinking the same thing.  If it doesn't affect function, he is not going to sweat it.

Mark

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The distributors at the gun store I work at are saying that the polish century uf's are now discontinued....anyone else hear that or know why?
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The distributors at the gun store I work at are saying that the polish century uf's are now discontinued....anyone else hear that or know why?

Disontinued = they are out of the parts kits/ demilled weapons they were using to make them. There were no problems with them. They do not have chrome lined barrels but reports/reviews have been positive. I have one and am very happy with it. No issues/failures and surprisingly accurate.

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top