Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2005 7:36:27 AM EDT
What is the most concise book on Ak's and where is it available?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
"AK-47 & Kalishnikov Variation" by Masami Tokoi, but it's out of print.
In print is "The AK-47 and AK-74 Kalishnikov Rifle and Their Variations" by Joe Poyer.
The Tokoi book is printed in Japanese with an English translation. Lots of full color pics of AK from all over the world.
The Poyer book is all B&W, but very detail oriented. It's available from several sources, Tapco included.

JoeLad
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Get C. Ezell's Kalashnikov, the arms and the man. Poyers book is good also and perhaps a bit easier to read. I found Ezell's more comprehensive.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked into this same question for a while.  The best (most comprehensive) book by far is the one Kuiper recommended:  Kalsahnikov The Arms and The Man a Revised and Expanded Edition of the AK47 Story by Edward Clinton Ezell.  It's expensive but worth it.  I got it from Numrich and i thinkit was about $60.  I looked around for a better price for a long time but, I never found it.

HighSpeedSteel
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:38:43 AM EDT
[#4]
How about Ezell's "The AK47 Story: Evolution of The Kalashnikov Weapons"?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How about Ezell's "The AK47 Story: Evolution of The Kalashnikov Weapons"?

'Kalashnikov/The Arms and the Man' is the updated and revised version of the book you mentioned
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top