Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2002 5:55:12 AM EDT
Post your findings here for "workarounds" that you have experience with on your latest build.

To start it off, I've noticed that the trigger pin locations appear to be higher in the saddle than the standard combloc receivers. This translate to more material being removed from the underside of the safety during installation.This is especially true using the RSA trigger group.

Additionally, the rear trunnion on the Bulgarian kits place the most forward rivet on the safety side very close to the safety hole.This can cause interference problems using the Bulgarian safety. I ended removing a small amount of the rivet head (small half moon} in order to allow the safety to rotate. With this close relationship, the safety cannot be rotated in counterclock wise.

Link Posted: 12/23/2002 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
My findings on the OOW receiver were:

1) Receiver is slightly longer than normal. This may lead to problems with the receiver cover popping off. To correct this do a trial fit of the rear trunnion and cover to find the best placement before drilling. Or if it's too late (like in my case) slightly bend the rear of the cover out to take up the slack, pushing the cover forward.

2) As hbarski stated the safety selector hole placement puts the rivet very close to the safety lever. Instead of shaving the rivet or screw on screw together assemblies, I removed some material from around the safety itself.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Are both of you happy with your builds?  Would you choose to build another 74 project on the OOW reciever?  Would you consider the Hesse?  

I am just curious to hear your thoughts since I have ordered a 74 kit and will be building my own AK-74.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm very pleased with the OOW receiver and plan on having a krink assebled on one in the near future.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Never worked with the Hesse receivers so I can't comment on them, but I'm happy with the OOW receiver. I'd buy another in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your input.  I'll be ordering my OOW receiver in the near future.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top