Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/17/2012 4:08:09 AM EDT
I am a newbie so please bear with me if I am posting in the wrong area. Does anyone have a Century Arms C39 AK? I am looking to buy one soon and would like to know what you guys think about it. Any info would be appreciated. This purchase will be my second AK.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought one.  I have not had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but I have 1000 rds of Wolf Mil Classic ammo enrt from the "Guide."   This is my first AK.  I was drawn to it because of the excellent reviews it received from those who have already bought it, it being made in the USA, having a milled receiver, and having the picanntiny rails already attached to the forends.  In addition, the LOP is an inch longer than other AK's, which is important to me because of my size.  I like a longer LOP.  

One thing I have ran into though is that I had originally planned on replacing the stock with an adjustable type with a better cheekweld platform, etc.  Unfortunately, since Century based this AK on the Bulgarian design with 2 steel tangs protruding from the rear receiver, I have found it impossible to locate any manufacturers who make a replacement stock (adjustable synthetic polymere type) for this rifle. Of course I found out all this AFTER I purchased it. Oh well... So, until that happens, I'm stuck with the standard black fixed stock.  It is not bad, just not ideal for what I had originally hoped for.  Other than that, I plan on mounting a red dot on the top rail, a VFG and will hit the range for zombie practice.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't fired one, but handled one extensively at a shop. I really liked it
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one.  I has  a single shot though the first twenty or so rouds and no funcions great.  A fun rifle to shoot.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top