Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/26/2009 4:16:37 PM EDT
I live in N.Y., I've bought a Bulgarian SSR85 for $1400. I hope I didn't pay too much for it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry, you paid way too much for it
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Bulgarian SSR-85 TGI importer $700.00-$800.00 going rate
The one I had front and rear sight canted but shot extremely well -better than most the AKs I've ever shot! VERY ACCURATE!
Alot of milled parts on it. Stamped reciever- The selector was off a milled unit and rubbed against the rivet on the way down to semi.
Thicker barrel and it had a mirror bore!!! Mag fit was not great but it was tight.
Fit was fine, finnish was horrible -black oxide with spots of Bluing?????
Shoot it see what it does @ 100 who knows maybe its a very accurate (AK wise)if it is
that will take the sting out of paying $1400!!
You were better off  buying an Arsenal SLR 107 F or FR.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I respect your opinion but keep in mind the situation with these rifles, there aren't many around considering I live in gun-phobic NY.
Quoted:
sorry, you paid way too much for it

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
i understand youre in NY and the state of afairs up there but irregardless, thats way too much money.  i have am 85C2 thats been heavily reworked and it shoots like a dream and i like the platform, but you overpaid by about $600 IMO.  its all said and done now so just enjoy the weapon.

my 85C2
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Ouch.  That's a big hit on the price.  I live in NY too (unfortunately) and bought a SSR 85 C2 in January on Gunbroker because I had no other local options.  Worthless liberals.  I paid $799 at the time but had to forego the 30 rd mag because it wasn't pre-ban (luckily I've collected several).  The seller was listed as One Click Shooting out of Nebraska.  It's one of the TGI Knox versions that has the 1.6mm receiver ( I measured it) which not all SSR 85 C's have.  I'm more than pleased with it other than the crap finish on the receiver that will scratch if you fart near it.  But who cares, it's an AK.  I bought it to be my functional toy not my prom queen.  Cycles HP, SP and any other thing I've put through it.  Many will say that I paid too much but I saw the upcoming political writing on the wall.  Just at the Rochester gun show today and the prices were laughable as well as all the local shops.  $699 minimum on a WASR.  Don't kick yourself too hard because in a few years if Obama has his way that price won't seem too bad, that is if it doesn't get confiscated!  Molon Labe.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top