Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/16/2008 7:03:06 PM EDT
I have a milled Norinco MAK 90 I purchased new in late 1993 or early 1994.  I've never fired it.  I'm just not an AK fan, and I guess I never will be, so I want to sell this thing.  Would any of you good folks out there be kind enough to suggest what it's fair market value would be, or is more information necessary?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm, silence from the membership.  Before I put myself through the anguish of posting pictures, does it help to know the wood is finished in a flat, chocolate brown that doesn't let much grain show.  There is the number 386 in an oval on the forward left side of the receiver, a block of markings on the left near-center side of the receiver state "MAK-90" over "Cal 7.62X39, lower and further back "C.J.A. SFLD MI" over "Made in China", and some markings have been removed and blued over at the very rear of the receiver, above and just behind the trigger guard.  Can't make out what it used to say.  The muzzle looks to me like it's never been threaded, unlike the stamped MAKs I also used to have.  They had been threaded and the threads had been turned down almost flat.  This one doesn't look like those at all.  Under the receiver forward of the magazine well is a star with what looks kind of like a gear over it and NORINCO in block letters.  Of course everything has a serial number, all matching.  I opened the action and looked inside, rubbed my finger around a little and came out with some carbon on it, so evidently I did shoot it, so I'll have to take back the unfired claim, but I will say it's been fired very very little.  Twenty rounds maybe.  No scratches, no rust, typical quality of blueing.  For arguments sake, if all I'm saying is true, what would it's fair market value be these days?hinking.gif
height=8
Quoted:I have a milled Norinco MAK 90 I purchased new in late 1993 or early 1994.  I've never fired it.  I'm just not an AK fan, and I guess I never will be, so I want to sell this thing.  Would any of you good folks out there be kind enough to suggest what it's fair market value would be, or is more information necessary?Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#3]
$650-$700 all day long if not MORE.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:02:00 AM EDT
[#4]
hock.gifThank you, sir!

height=8
Quoted:
$650-$700 all day long if not MORE.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]
The factory 386 in the oval = Weapon was made in the Polytech factory.
It might/should also have a spring loaded firing pin.

High quality weapon ....
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top